New Storyteller Idea: Charlie Cheater

Started by b0rsuk, August 02, 2016, 06:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

This is so good cross-posting is justified.

QuoteCharlie hates you, and often tailors the game to attack wherever you're weakest. He mixes things like Eclipse and solar flare. He sends raids tailored to your exact defense. He knows what you do well against and stops doing that. God forbid you don't have AC or you're going to roast.
-
Then whenever you find a cheap behavior, a terrible idea, something that player's DESPISE but you as the dev love, give it to charlie. (...)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/360671247405058541/

I would say Charlie should get the raw, unbalanced versions of events, like infestations anywhere underground, crashed ship part in first year, etc.

Havan_IronOak

That's GREAT!

I have actually had a solar flare and an eclipse at the same time. I'm no astronomer but I had to think... is that even possible?

Dante King

The moon is fake and only bends light, and so the solar flare and the protons and stuff pass through it and hit the planet. I THINK THAT IS SCYANC AND LAGIC.

b0rsuk

Steam people seem to like the name "Bullshit Bill".

QuoteAlso if you do it Bill should taunt you like Shodan from System Shock.

Kegereneku

There's a topic that should interest you a lot.
It's pure coincidence that it happen to be mine.

I find this particular a little... self-defeating. (only a niche of players would love the challenge) But as it fit my creative bills I'll add it (Tony Troll) to my topic anyway.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Wex

Don't we have already a storyteller that behaves this way?
I guess it's called Cassandra Classic.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

b0rsuk

No, we don't. Cassandra Classic ramps up difficulty and wants you eventually off the planet (or destroy you). But she plays fair. We're asking for a storyteller without the safeguards. Bill/Charlie shouldn't even respect event grace periods much (many events have cooldowns before they can happen again).

Randy pretends to just not care. Bill/Charlie would be openly malicious. Like the game Bastet - Bastard Tetris - which only gives you poorly fitting blocks. (The default Bastet is not 100% nasty because it resulted in boring and predictable games).

If you check out the steam thread above, there are at least several people itrigued by the idea.