"Colonist Died" Debuffs Stacking

Started by twoski, August 02, 2016, 09:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twoski

Not sure if this is a bug, but in my opinion it really needs to be evaluated.

Basically, if you have 2 pawns who are in love and one of the pawns dies, then the living pawn gets 2 debuffs: One because his lover is dead and one because [dead pawn] died. It got even worse when the pawn's bonded animal died.

The guy basically had -30 or -40 mood for half a year. Not only is that basically unmanageable, it just seems wrong. A debuff of that magnitude that lasts that long is an automatic anxiety spiral for the pawn it affects. In my game, the pawn completely lost his mind several times and went berzerk over and over. I eventually had to execute them because no matter what you do, you can't offset a debuff of that size.

If you were stranded on a planet with some other people and your wife and pet died, yeah it would be shitty. But is the appropriate response to this to continually go insane and attack people?

What i'm saying is that these death debuffs either need to have their values adjusted to be a bit more forgiving, or maybe there needs to be a general "mourning dead colonist" debuff and a general "mourning dead pet" debuff, instead of personalized debuffs for every colonist/pet that dies.

That, and i think there needs to be some sort of categorization of mental breaks (ie. mourning pawns are less likely to become murderous assholes and more likely to just become severely depressed), but that's a topic for the suggestions forum.

milon