Rows of chairs and walls

Started by Serenity, August 03, 2016, 04:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity

Simple question: can I place chairs directly against walls or do they need a space between?

Like this:
WWWW
CCCC
TTTT
TTTT

And T is a table. Are the middle two chairs usable that way?

Juan el Demgrafo

Quickly checked in Godmode. That design appears to work.

I will say though that I think you should go ahead and put that extra space there anyway. Makes the colonists feel good. More room for statues, heaters, and lights.
240 hours on Steam of this 2017-7-23.

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
...tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

I really need to finish researching beer.

Taint

If you were to push the wall on the right back by 1 you'd have space for 2 extra chairs, a heater and a plant. Worth the space I'd say.
Do Mechanoids dream of cybernetic sheep?

MeowRailroad

But then if 2 people sit on both sides of a corner, 1 won't be able to use the table.

EEO
TTTO
TTTE

In this E is an empty chair, T is part of a table, and O is an occupied seat. Observe how the table spot for the 2 chairs is the same?
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Serenity

Thanks

Quote from: Juan el Demgrafo on August 03, 2016, 06:19:47 PM
I will say though that I think you should go ahead and put that extra space there anyway.
I moved it over now. It's just that I'm not quite that good at laying out rooms in advance so that everything fits perfectly. So sometimes they end up a bit cramped.

Juan el Demgrafo

Use the, "Plan" tool in the Orders tab in architect. Don't be afraid to reconstruct parts of your base later on. If it leads to your base being better, then the lost resources will likely be worth it.
240 hours on Steam of this 2017-7-23.

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
...tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

I really need to finish researching beer.