[B18] Cybernetic Storm 18.002 - Updated: 07/01/18 16:30GMT

Started by elStrages, June 29, 2017, 10:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dima_

Quote from: Canute on January 15, 2018, 07:05:42 AM
When you got an error with ModSwitch, you maybe didn't install it right.
You should delete the folder and reinstall it.

And for some other errors, i can't see special modname, but looks maybe for bad installations too.
Check each mod folder, if it got the right file structure, an "About" folder should be visible right after you enter the mod folder.

i'm using the steam workshop. cant imagine something going wrong with installation, but ill do as you say.

edit: i just took it out and im still getting the same error.

https://pastebin.com/XARGzKBF

colonistsmustdie

hey there, me again^^
i really love the brain implants for every special or common situation, but u really have to look over them again. some of them are just mixed up, like the PatientImplant, which increases the miningspeed and -yield (by the way, i am really asking myself, how a brainimplant could improve the "job" being a patient in the first place. did u want to increase the immunity-gain-speed-factor? would be nice!).
At least one of them (the CraftingImplant) seems to just do nothing, while saying, it improves crafting skills but not telling in which way. also implanted it and noticed no effect at all...

as last time: great work, keep it coming ;=)

colonistsmustdie

also the workamount to make these implants is a bit low with only "1".
they get the ingredients to the workbench and are done in the same moment^^
some of the other materials seem to take a bit long to make, like synthread, ultrathread and ultrasteel. but in the end, this is only my personal feeling. balance it again or leave it there, its your mod. and i will play it one or the other way ;D

keep it up :)

elStrages

Quote from: Dima_ on January 15, 2018, 06:47:31 AM
still getting a whole lot of errors. not sure what this is all about but it refers to bionics so i figure its from this mod :/
https://pastebin.com/GV6UjQsT

i have looked through my code and it isn't from my mod, all implants work fine.

Quote from: colonistsmustdie on January 16, 2018, 04:53:58 AM
hey there, me again^^
i really love the brain implants for every special or common situation, but u really have to look over them again. some of them are just mixed up, like the PatientImplant, which increases the miningspeed and -yield (by the way, i am really asking myself, how a brainimplant could improve the "job" being a patient in the first place. did u want to increase the immunity-gain-speed-factor? would be nice!).
At least one of them (the CraftingImplant) seems to just do nothing, while saying, it improves crafting skills but not telling in which way. also implanted it and noticed no effect at all...

as last time: great work, keep it coming ;=)
Quote from: colonistsmustdie on January 17, 2018, 12:26:39 PM
also the workamount to make these implants is a bit low with only "1".
they get the ingredients to the workbench and are done in the same moment^^
some of the other materials seem to take a bit long to make, like synthread, ultrathread and ultrasteel. but in the end, this is only my personal feeling. balance it again or leave it there, its your mod. and i will play it one or the other way ;D

keep it up :)
that is an issue, i will look into the work amount for the implants, i may have not set it correct.
i use a formula for the amount of resources to a time period to work out the ticks. I may have forgotten.
As for the patient one, it shouldn't have been put in yet lol. i was looking into adding additional recovery speed from wounds. but haven't investigated it yet. I have for now commented it back out (which i forgot to do (: ).
The crafting one is difficult, it effects stone cutting at the moment but that is ti because it was supposed to effect crafting but they took the crafting stats out of the game and i haven't found a good solution to it yet.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: elStrages on January 18, 2018, 01:38:50 PM
The crafting one is difficult, it effects stone cutting at the moment but that is ti because it was supposed to effect crafting but they took the crafting stats out of the game and i haven't found a good solution to it yet.

Did they swap it all to just Smithing and Tailoring? I want to say, as I was looking through some patches last night for crafting speed boosts, that those were the only two I saw, and not one that actually said "crafting" specifically. Not sure, but I figured it could maybe help you out a bit! ;D

colonistsmustdie

Quote from: elStrages on January 18, 2018, 01:38:50 PM

that is an issue, i will look into the work amount for the implants, i may have not set it correct.
i use a formula for the amount of resources to a time period to work out the ticks. I may have forgotten.
As for the patient one, it shouldn't have been put in yet lol. i was looking into adding additional recovery speed from wounds. but haven't investigated it yet. I have for now commented it back out (which i forgot to do (: ).

oh, ok, i see :D

another thing i noticed:
the bionic eyes and ears seem to be a bit too cheap in production (not, that i wouldnt like to get many of them quite fast) or have a much too high market value. just selling them, after every pawn got some, feels a bit like printing money^^
i didnt try the cybernetic ones yet, but it will probably be the same thing..?

Charchu

Just wondering, was the faction removed or do i just have unlucky spawn choices.

Myrrdan

Hi, i got a little problem with your mod. I dont know why but i can't add any non-vanilian implants(bionic ear, bionic hand, itd). Do you know solution for this problem?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Myrrdan on January 23, 2018, 04:52:50 PM
Hi, i got a little problem with your mod. I dont know why but i can't add any non-vanilian implants(bionic ear, bionic hand, itd). Do you know solution for this problem?

Why can't you add them? Do they appear on the list of surgeries? Can you make them? Kinda vague issue in your description.

Myrrdan

I can make them, but they doesn't appear on the list of surgeries. I tried to change mod orded (put cybernetic at top and core below it) but then a lots of bugs appeared, and after i loaded my save and i couldnt even click on workbench.

DrakeDragon8

Quote from: Myrrdan on January 23, 2018, 04:52:50 PM
Pay attention to the names of the bionics.
The the bionic hand from CS workbench, when an item in world, is called bionic Hand and the one made at a bionics bench is called bionic hand(I use OPOE).
The CS hand does not appear in the operations list while the other does.

Verron

I found a small issue with the sorting, some bionics get added into two different categories.
I fixed the issue myself and added extra categories to make it easier to differentiate between bionics added by other mods and spent some time "streamlining" a couple files, If anyone else wants the fixed files here's the link:http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmszdbbzt7jnc82/CyberneticStormB18.003.rar

Zebrin

I am having a hard time using certain items. Namely, the bionic lungs. I made one from the mod's workbench thinking "Hey, this will deal with that missing lung, and maybe the guy with asthma." But it won't show up in the operations list. I have no idea why either. And I know certain parts are working, because Bionic eyes have already been used on two of my pawns. So... I am uncertain.
**Silence is the only answer to the mundane**

hendrikpfaff

Is there a option to only get the "Carbon Fibre Prothesis, Limbs, Implants and Brains, Organs and Exoskeletons"?