[A17] Miniaturisation Overloaded

Started by notfood, August 03, 2016, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lc-soz

Quote from: mrsebseb on October 25, 2016, 07:42:55 AM
Quote from: Dingo on October 25, 2016, 05:44:29 AM
Quote from: lc-soz on October 20, 2016, 12:48:16 AM
I'm trying to use the Miniaturisation Overloaded to reinstall my furnaces from Glitter Tech (gotta love ludicrous high tempetures) but I'm failing. "My code":

Someone knows what is happening?

You wrote <requiredMod>Furnace</requiredMod> instead of <requiredMod>Glitter Tech</requiredMod>.
That shouldn't be it, as Furnace, while in the Glitter Tech thread, is technically it's own mod (or did I miss something?).

Exactly, the mod name is indeed Furnace.

Edit: I can click in reinstall and chose the place but it's impossible to make a pawn do the work. Same problem with vanilla cooler.

mrsebseb

Quote from: lc-soz on October 26, 2016, 01:02:11 PM

Exactly, the mod name is indeed Furnace.

Edit: I can click in reinstall and chose the place but it's impossible to make a pawn do the work. Same problem with vanilla cooler.

On stuff like that also press uninstall, they'll come and uninstall it and then move it

lc-soz

Quote from: mrsebseb on October 26, 2016, 02:03:43 PM

On stuff like that also press uninstall, they'll come and uninstall it and then move it

Thank you for the tip!

faltonico

I couldn't upload them to your Github, so I upload them here... Defs for "Turret Collection" and "More Vanilla Turrets" mods.
WTFPL license

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

notfood

faltonico

Here you have "Redistheat" defs.
WTFPL license.

hiepbg

For ED-ShieldBasic def

kaptain_kavern

Hi Notfood,
I'm coming back to pester you a bit again about "Override" mod  :P

I recall I saw you talking about it getting integrated into CCL. Is this still a planned thing?

I ask this because I started to work on a big mod (based on Superior Crafting) where I will have to do a lot of overriding (it will overhaul the game pretty extensively - but I want it to be the most compatible I can achieve) and I'm still considering my options. And it seems like ideally I will need functions from both. Hence my question.

It took me time to really understand the potential of yours, but as I'm familiar with SQL, I tend to prefer (and understand more "naturally") the way you implemented filters (the "linq" method seems so powerful ^^ I'm sure I barely scratched the surface of all possibilities). This make me think it's the best solution for my needs (overriding a lots of Vanilla defs or tag's value)

Killaim

does this handle vanilla missing items too ?. having trouble downloading the other miniturisation mod

kaptain_kavern

This one is more flexible IMHO.
It is also "community made" : several folks have contributed/are contributing as new defs are added for compatibility with even more mods

It's quite easy to add more

Dingo

Would you / anyone be interested in a method that does this without using any defs?

notfood

Autodetecting would be hard, not impossible. Blanket adding miniaturized with MFO runs into issues because certain things that classify as buildings don't like to be miniaturized.

How'd you do it?

Dingo

You can find every ThingDef of the building category (or any other parameters) and implement a StaticConstructorOnStartup that lists those, then adds the <minifiedDef> tag (or whatever it's called) if the building has none.

If very specific things behave oddly with it you can except those. If they have some sort of common tag or attribute I would except them from the list according to it. If it's random or vague you can always except certain defNames.

Look at GrenadeFixRearmed in my modlist to get an idea of how I did something similar with weapons and <minRange>.

Wishmaster

There is a bug when I move the nutrient paste dispenser.

First, the reinstall command alone does not work, I have to designate uninstall aswell.
Second, pawns will ignore the dispenser after it's been reinstalled. Saving and loading the game DOES fix the problem.

notfood

Yes, some things don't like to be miniaturised. Saving and loading fixes most cases.

I have uploaded Mod Friendly Overrides to https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-MFO

It's also been updated to A16. I'll pretty much release stand alone as it is so it's going to require the support of modders since CCL will take a while to come to A16. I'm about to get back to Rimworld from my break to make MFO some publicity. I hope to do the initial objetive of making Combat Realism more mod friendly.

Beta 10 has all the verbosity disabled and is more oriented for the general public use, it can be enabled if you put Debug="True" in your Override.Def, perfect for finding out whats going on behind the scenes. Source/Examples no longer in the package. Time to work on the documentation!

Mod Friendly Overrides
you dug too deep

Download Beta 9 (A16)
Download ModFriendlyOverrides BETA 10 A16
Download ModFriendlyOverrides BETA 10 A15

Example OverrideDef.xml

By the way, Miniaturisation for A15 works perfectly fine for A16. I'll do a release with the About.xml changed when A16 is released, but you can just ignore the error it says when you enable it. Done.