[A17] Miniaturisation Overloaded

Started by notfood, August 03, 2016, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

This is definitely a mod to move things. There is another mod tool that is mixed within the thread, believe that is called Mod-Friendly-Overrides MFO for short. Give this mod a shot, put it as late in the list as you can, I would think that would let it help as many items as possible.

If this one doesn't work there is a mod on the Steam Workshop called "Minify Everything" which will probably do the job. Again, I'd load that one as late as possible.

Kassidoo

Hi
I'd like to request "RedistHeat" to be added
Thanks!

Fregrant

Quote from: Kassidoo on April 21, 2017, 09:21:26 PM
Hi
I'd like to request "RedistHeat" to be added
Thanks!
Erdelf made a dll mod, which gives ability to reinstall any structure from any mod. I am trying it right now, you could give it a shot too. It only on Workshop, but under MIT license so I attached it.
Sometimes reinstall not works, you need to uninstall and install the structure.
Erdelf mods https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30023.15

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

notfood

DarthNihilus

with the minified vanilla items there are errors, and other mods items sometimes are not appearing after construction finish

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: DarthNihilus on June 15, 2017, 11:15:06 AM
with the minified vanilla items there are errors, and other mods items sometimes are not appearing after construction finish

Probably going to need to post your error and mod list. Everything is working great for me, so I expect you are having a mod conflict.

DarthNihilus

sigh* ok it has conflict with the fluffy's breakdowns (the problem with the description of the minified ones). IDK if it's the same for disappearing after the construction completes...

Plasmatic

Quote from: DarthNihilus on June 17, 2017, 03:16:06 AM
sigh* ok it has conflict with the fluffy's breakdowns (the problem with the description of the minified ones). IDK if it's the same for disappearing after the construction completes...

I've had a couple errors pop up as well and I assumed it was because of fluffy, but it never seemed to hurt my game, so I left it as is..

What exactly is the difference between this and the normal miniaturisation mod? Aka, what's the overloaded bit?

Belgrath

Hello all.

Am I the only person unable to move the Medical Training bench?
I can see the enter for it in the Mod but I don't get the reinstall or uninstall option
Current running Rimworld 0.17.1557 and current Miniaturisation Overloaded
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."

Fregrant

First, the version of your MT? Im pretty sure it was not updated to A17.

PS: maybe because A16 version has no mass?
you could try this, made few changes

PPS: does patching determine mod by folder name? Because it needs mod named "Medical Training", not "Medical Training - A16" or whatever.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Belgrath

Hello Fregrant

I was using version MT v1.06.
Anyway when I put in the version you uploaded (v1.07) I get

XML error: Duplicate XML node name Passability in this XML block:
So I looked in the MT-TrainingBed.xml and found
line 40 <Passability>PassThroughOnly</Passability>
line 46 <Passability>Impassable</Passability>

After removing line 46 from MT-TrainingBed.xml and trying again still no change.    :(
Thanks for trying, have you got anything else I could try.
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."

Mr_Man

I ran into some issues with pawns not finishing work on miniaturized buildables such as coolers. They would deconstruct the target area and never completing the work, with the work amount showing as a blueprint.

sirgzu

How do  I write a patch to stop something from being moveable? I don't want the quarry from medieval times to be moveable!

faltonico

Quote from: sirgzu on August 28, 2017, 07:20:50 PM
How do  I write a patch to stop something from being moveable? I don't want the quarry from medieval times to be moveable!
By removing the xml corresponding to the mod in the Defs/MiniaturisationDefs folder, but as far i can see, there is no medieval times support out of the box (though i have been proven blind sometimes).
Make sure you are not mistaking this mod with the other minify mods.

sirgzu

I'd rather not edit other mods content. Can I use the xml patch jutsu to remove attributes? Something like this but to remove:
<Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
<xpath>*/ThingDef[defName = "Bed"]/comps/li[1]/linkableFacilities</xpath>
<value>
<li>Anon2Dresser</li>
<li>Anon2EndTable</li>
<li>Anon2EndTableLight</li>
<li>Anon2RoyalEndTable</li>
<li>Anon2RoyalEndTableLight</li>
</value>
</Operation>