Placing items in front of AC exhaust

Started by AnDelusionalDog, August 05, 2016, 01:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnDelusionalDog

I tried to search with no luck... Sorry if this has been asked.

So when placing an ac unit if there's say a generator in front of where the ac exhaust is it won't let you place it. Saying something like both sides of the ac vents need to be open.

However I can place a generator in front of the exhaust if the ac is placed first.

So are there any negative consequences to doing this?

Thanks for any input.

Reviire

I don't think so, so why don't you test it out?

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

AnDelusionalDog

Yeah I'll just test it... ill post my findings.

AnDelusionalDog

In case anyone is curious I did place a fueled generator in front of the exhaust of an ac unit. The freezer was always hovering between -1 and -2 so just barely enough ac units to keep it at its set -2.

There has been no change. Granted only one is blocked but I would think I would have noticed.

So blocking the exhaust shouldn't matter.

Aristocat

Quote from: AnDelusionalDog on August 07, 2016, 11:10:31 PM
In case anyone is curious I did place a fueled generator in front of the exhaust of an ac unit. The freezer was always hovering between -1 and -2 so just barely enough ac units to keep it at its set -2.

There has been no change. Granted only one is blocked but I would think I would have noticed.

So blocking the exhaust shouldn't matter.

Or maybe it matters but we don't know?! Test it HARDER

Set exhaust to -273.

Serenity

Somewhat similar, can you place items in front of vents?

bluntobj

No to the vents.  This can be seen when trying to place a vent when an existing object would block it.

Adding an item later?  Needs a quick test.

PotatoeTater

It works like in real life, you block the exhaust, unless it is outside, you risk catching the object in front of it on fire.
Life is Strange

AnDelusionalDog

Quote from: PotatoeTater on August 09, 2016, 12:28:43 PM
It works like in real life, you block the exhaust, unless it is outside, you risk catching the object in front of it on fire.

Oh ok Mine's outside so hasn't caught fire yet. That makes sense though.