[MOD] (Alpha 2) Trade Federation

Started by Tommygunner70, March 01, 2014, 03:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

Quote from: Tommygunner70 on March 06, 2014, 05:22:51 PMNote; I don't mind people making modifications/additions to my mods. I just like to see the modifications made before people start uploading to my mod threads.

I would mod it and show you, if I could figure out how to do it.  :P  All of the meat products in the mod don't have any price set which makes me wonder, where do they get their price from?  I thought I might just copy/paste prices from other items and make it work like that.  I dunno if that'd work though, adding prices manually to the meat tables.

-------
It seems all meat products are zero, free.  At least on the industrial trader so far.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Tommygunner70

Quote from: Vas on March 06, 2014, 06:41:20 PM
I would mod it and show you, if I could figure out how to do it.  :P  All of the meat products in the mod don't have any price set which makes me wonder, where do they get their price from?  I thought I might just copy/paste prices from other items and make it work like that.  I dunno if that'd work though, adding prices manually to the meat tables.

-------
It seems all meat products are zero, free.  At least on the industrial trader so far.

RimWorld363Win\Mods\Core\Defs\ThingDefs\Resources.xml
<basePrice>4.0</basePrice>
Potato's, Berries and Agave are defined in there, meat isn't defined anywhere yet.

Zack_Wester

the Zero cost thing Could be the game ways of handling undefined stuff whit is an descent way to handle that.
so the thing whit it costing zero is the game way of asking ok I have item here what its cost and the game response whit no data the game got 2 way to do it on, Crash/error or use an default value and that value is usually Zero.

Vas

Well I tried modifying this mod to allow meals, paste, and tried to add prices to meals and paste, but it didn't work.  xP  I give up.  I can't figure out how to do it, it seems.  Might not be possible till Alpha 3 I suppose.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Zyph7007

Quote from: Psyckosama on March 01, 2014, 06:28:35 PM
I'd suggest adding meat to the Farm Trader. So far I've been finding it a bit of a bother to keep my meat stores stocked up and being able to trade for it would be a good idea.

Instead of that, why not add a new type of trader that specializes in different types of meat?

jamieg

Quote from: Zyph7007 on March 31, 2014, 03:45:21 PM
Quote from: Psyckosama on March 01, 2014, 06:28:35 PM
I'd suggest adding meat to the Farm Trader. So far I've been finding it a bit of a bother to keep my meat stores stocked up and being able to trade for it would be a good idea.

Instead of that, why not add a new type of trader that specializes in different types of meat?

I think this guy(tommygunner) has gone offline for good?? though do not worry because in alpha 3 we have a mod that adds new traders including cannibals ;) also my friend Zelldot had added a new workbench that enables you to pack/unpack all the different meat into crates allowing you to store more in stacks, It also prevent anything eating the meat whilst its packed, and the great thing you dont need to unpack the crates to sell the meat :D, the last feature were adding to trading is that you can buy uranium at a cheap price from the mining traders and can sell to any other trader as ship fuel at a good price which means you can make a healthy profit of silver :D
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

zelldot

The problem I noticed with your mod is that there is no trade price for meat at all, I tried for ages to get a price on the meat, that annoyed me, in the end I just made a new object and a way to trade meat to this new object and back. I have not put up the mod for download yet, as it only works in alpha 3. From what I hear, not long now... Hope that helps you in future with your mod.

Psyckosama

Mind if I incorporate this mod into my Synthmeat Mod?

jamieg

Quote from: Psyckosama on April 11, 2014, 01:41:05 AM
Mind if I incorporate this mod into my Synthmeat Mod?

I really think he has gone offline for good  :-\
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

zelldot

The problem with this mod, is yes meat can be traded, but the meat has no value, and the value can not be strait up changed, as the user of this mod seem to be no longer responding, I personally tried making a mod like this and found exactly the same problem. I simply fixed the problem by making my own items for trading the meat, being able to pack up meat and unpack it, and giving the crates a value. That way you do conflict with the build in items currently not accessible. I can make a custom version of my trader for you synth meat if you wish, but you should be able to set a price of the your meat (look at trade plant code for price tag), and take a look at the trade to add the namedef to it.

StorymasterQ

All this talking about setting a price to your meat is messing with my dirty, dirty mind.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

jamieg

Quote from: StorymasterQ on April 13, 2014, 10:45:08 PM
All this talking about setting a price to your meat is messing with my dirty, dirty mind.

lool

Tommygunner70

No I'm not offline for good, just focused on other things and for some reason i never got notifications on my mail account about replies being posted.

just got back into the game and have to see whats what.

jamieg

welcome back alot has changed... we thought you were gone so recreated this mod, check out galactic trader

Tommygunner70

Quote from: jamieg on April 19, 2014, 11:15:42 AM
welcome back alot has changed... we thought you were gone so recreated this mod, check out galactic trader

Right, well I'm too busy to really spend any time on it. so if anyone wants to continue expanding my mods then you got my permission. just give credit where credit is due.