[MOD] (Alpha 2) Modified Reloading Weaponry {Updated}

Started by SlayR, March 01, 2014, 05:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlayR

Welcome to my first mod! This mod offers modified weaponry, which needs reload, but fires a volley of bullets. Be aware that these are the normal guns modified, so this mod does NOT give you new textured guns.
That said, let's see the differences:
Pistol:Gave it a burst of 7 with 42 ticks between and 205 reload ticks.

Pump shotgun:Gave it a burst of 2 with 50 ticks between and 220 reload ticks

Lee-Enfield:Gave it a burst of 5 with 54 ticks between and 210 reload ticks
From 182 Warmup, No burst

M-16:Gave it a burst of 20 with 7 ticks between and 270 reload ticks

Uzi:gave it a burst of 25 with 4 ticks between and 240 reload ticks

R-4 CR:Gave it a burst of 5 with 15 ticks between and 108 reload ticks

L-15 LMG:Gave it a burst of 50 with 6 ticks between and 310 reload ticks

Every gun has nerfed accuracy and damage.

That's all for now, but i might make some more changes

Changelog:
v1.0 Initial release.
v1.2 Removed unnecessary things that made the filesize too big. Now you can download from the attachments.
v1.5 Balanced weapons to have slower "reload" and "firerate"

How to install:
1.Put the folder in the 'Mods' folder.
2.Start game, and go to the 'Mods' section.
3.Check the mod and play!

HAVE FUN!!!

PS:Also, If someone could make a video maybe? That would be appreciated with a jar full of cookie! ;D

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Stalker102

I do enjoy this mod however, you may want to do a little bit of a file cleanup on it as you have a lot of items in the folder that go with this mod which can make the game play go screwy or clash with other mods.

But other then that keep up the good work.
Life has many Bridges. Don't burn the ones you crossed

Lucius

More bullets and less accuracy?  Sounds more authentic but I think I'll pass, I spend long enough repairing walls after a firefight as it is.

SlayR

Quote from: Lucius on March 02, 2014, 03:19:17 PM
More bullets and less accuracy?  Sounds more authentic but I think I'll pass, I spend long enough repairing walls after a firefight as it is.
They have reduced damage too. so you won't have so much more problem.  ;)

Entityofsin

I made some of my own modifications to the Core files (copied and renamed them) and you really have to watch how many shots are actually being shot. Take the pistol for example, if it's shooting 7 bullets even with slightly less damage than 10 (the original amount) it's going to be a lot higher than what the original damage was. In fact, a small group of pistol users are going to be able to spray their targets down rather quickly. It makes turrets useless as well.

Thinking in terms of a colonist with 6+ Shooting skill cause even if you have the pistol damage around 3 or 4 damage, you're still dealing more than the original with those 7 shots. Also, if the gun is firing very often it makes the poor accuracy of the weapon mean very little.

So when you start putting pistols on a guy with 7+ Shooting you start ending up with a really incredible sharpshooter than can spray a single target down in a single attack and rarely miss. Granted a solution to this is increasing the HP of everything in the game but that's a lot more work than just toning down the damage, rate of fire, and reload times.

I think having crazy powerful weapons in the game that you research, have to craft, and "unlock" would be great additions to the game.

Those are just some thoughts I have on weapons like these. I do have to admit though, there's a certain amount of awesomeness when it comes to seeing your guys firing dozens of bullets down a hallway and spraying the crap out of all the raiders.. lol

SlayR

Quote from: Entityofsin on March 02, 2014, 04:23:24 PM
I made some of my own modifications to the Core files (copied and renamed them) and you really have to watch how many shots are actually being shot. Take the pistol for example, if it's shooting 7 bullets even with slightly less damage than 10 (the original amount) it's going to be a lot higher than what the original damage was. In fact, a small group of pistol users are going to be able to spray their targets down rather quickly. It makes turrets useless as well.

Thinking in terms of a colonist with 6+ Shooting skill cause even if you have the pistol damage around 3 or 4 damage, you're still dealing more than the original with those 7 shots. Also, if the gun is firing very often it makes the poor accuracy of the weapon mean very little.

So when you start putting pistols on a guy with 7+ Shooting you start ending up with a really incredible sharpshooter than can spray a single target down in a single attack and rarely miss. Granted a solution to this is increasing the HP of everything in the game but that's a lot more work than just toning down the damage, rate of fire, and reload times.

I think having crazy powerful weapons in the game that you research, have to craft, and "unlock" would be great additions to the game.

Those are just some thoughts I have on weapons like these. I do have to admit though, there's a certain amount of awesomeness when it comes to seeing your guys firing dozens of bullets down a hallway and spraying the crap out of all the raiders.. lol
To be honest, i didn't really want to release the mod. I just wanted to see lots of
bullets flying in a combat! It's awesome! But remember that raiders have these guns too!  ;D But as i said in the topic, it's my first mod. And i'm not good at modding. :-\

Vas

why less damage?  It's hard enough killing enemies.  Less accuracy too?  You trying to make fire fights turn into  mental breaks and "raiders have given up because neither team can hit the other"?  I'd hit him better throwing my gun at him and hope to get a knock out, if I downloaded this!

Accuracy is only an issue if you have a level 15+ wielding the gun.  And that's supposed to happen, because you've trained with your gun to be deadly.  I like the different reloading, but not the nerfs.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Entityofsin

Quote from: Vas on March 02, 2014, 07:31:23 PM
why less damage?  It's hard enough killing enemies.  Less accuracy too?  You trying to make fire fights turn into  mental breaks and "raiders have given up because neither team can hit the other"?  I'd hit him better throwing my gun at him and hope to get a knock out, if I downloaded this!

Accuracy is only an issue if you have a level 15+ wielding the gun.  And that's supposed to happen, because you've trained with your gun to be deadly.  I like the different reloading, but not the nerfs.
Actually you don't need a level 15+ in Shooting to be deadly with a weapon. You can accomplish that with level 5-7 pretty easily cause you're using multiple guys to fight multiple enemies. Raiders use cover just like your guys too. Also, having level 5-7 in Shooting is pretty easy to get with your starting colonists by randomizing them to your desired stats, passions, and skill levels.

Ember

yea I agree, reduce the damage, try to get the damage per second to be similar to the vanilla weapons I don't know the numbers in the game but here is an example

the vanillia pistol does 10 damage, so if it shoots once every second then thats 10 dps, if we up the rate of fire but reduce the damage say 6 shots in 2 second and each shot does 3 damage you get 9 dps.

what you have at the moment kills off targets too fast, I have killed raiders with 1-2 salvos of a pistol from a single gunner with this mod

BattleFate

I proposed something like this previously in another thread (along with other ideas), and am pleased to see it implemented.

Having installed it and used it, I like it. But I feel the refire and reload times may be off. As people have said, the guns turn out to be too effective. But I don't know that it's because of an issue with the damage, but the refire rate.

Sure a handgun can unload at a target pretty quick, but the game accuracy was made for the vanilla weapons, not this mod. So we probably hit far more often than we should firing so quick. So I think we should compensate by increasing the 'aim' time in the refire rate. At the moment my colonists can shoot an enfield almost like an automatic weapon. Increase the refire rate of the enfield to once every two seconds, and the handgun to once a second.

Also the reloading is a little fast also. It should be that speed if everyone had unlimited magazines on them. But I like to think that people have one magazine per weapon, and just carry the imfinate number of clips (clips reload magazines). So it would take longer to pop out the mag, reload it with the clip, then pop it back in (than say popping out one mag and popping in another).

You could easily double the reload times of the weapons and still be effective. Just my two cents. :)

I really enjoy this mod btw. More realistic without losing the fun aspect.

SlayR

Thank you all for feedback. I'm actually unhappy with pistol too! (GOSH DARN OP!!!!1) I'll work on some more balancing for now! Will upload in about a day!

EDIT: Ok i couldn't wait. Here it is!

Ember

so far so good, will have to wait till raiders to find if the changes are good

now only if they would stop shooting if the target dies or is incapitated

Vas

Quote from: Entityofsin on March 02, 2014, 08:08:07 PM
Quote from: Vas on March 02, 2014, 07:31:23 PM

Actually you don't need a level 15+ in Shooting to be deadly with a weapon. You can accomplish that with level 5-7 pretty easily cause you're using multiple guys to fight multiple enemies. Raiders use cover just like your guys too. Also, having level 5-7 in Shooting is pretty easy to get with your starting colonists by randomizing them to your desired stats, passions, and skill levels.

Hows this level 20 pistol user gonna help me against 3 M-24 (sniper) using raiders standing WAaaaayyyyy back there? :P  You start out with some pretty bad weapons, and it's hard to get a sniper because the raiders run away screaming when you kill almost all of them, the ones with the snipers always get away because they run exactly as fast as you do.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

AcDie

BattleFate

Quote from: SlayR on March 03, 2014, 04:00:50 PM
Thank you all for feedback. I'm actually unhappy with pistol too! (GOSH DARN OP!!!!1) I'll work on some more balancing for now! Will upload in about a day!

EDIT: Ok i couldn't wait. Here it is!
Thanks for addressing our concerns.

I have a question, can you post what the original timing was? That way we can confirm how it's changed? I'm just curious is all.

(also, if I have V1.0 before and now download the V1.5, will it cause any corruption in my save game?) EDIT: I downloaded and installed the new version, and my savegame works just fine.