[1.0] Mend And Recycle

Started by notfood, August 06, 2016, 09:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_Bigless

So i found an outdated version of this and tried it out. When i placed down the meding bench, and powered it. Seizure.

Schwartz

Mending's way too cheap right now. You can fix your masterwork sniper rifle up from 50% to 100% for a fraction of one piece of fuel - that's nothing. One fuel is 9 steel and 6 cloth.

I think 10% per 1 fuel for armor and weapons, 25% per 1 fuel for clothing would still be very manageable. Something in the ballpark. I suppose I can do this by hand, but I still feel more realistic defaults would make the mod less overpowered and a lot of people aren't gonna delve into the files.

Also it seems that tuques and cowboy hats should be moved from complex to simple apparel. Very cool mod by the way.  ;)

Edit: I set fuel consumption to 100.0 and fuel capacity to 20.0. It seems to work okay as a default.

notfood

Updated to A15, enjoy.

Mag

I got 404 on the easy one

notfood

BigTuna

Hey sorry I'm a mod NEWB. I am looking for a mod for repairing and I downloaded your cool looking one and copied it into my mods folder but nothing in game changes.. am I doing something wrong.. Thanks in advance :)

Highlandman

Quote from: BigTuna on September 04, 2016, 03:13:01 PM
Hey sorry I'm a mod NEWB. I am looking for a mod for repairing and I downloaded your cool looking one and copied it into my mods folder but nothing in game changes.. am I doing something wrong.. Thanks in advance :)

You need to rechearch "Item Repair" or something for the workbench to appear I think, have you done that?

nachtfalter

I really love the balancing you did on mending by making it require mending kits and more time demanding!

faltonico

In case you don't want to get rid of the rarest infused legendary Hyperweave duster.
Great mod!

Thyme

Is it savegame compatible?
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

notfood

Yeah, it doesn't add anything that needs a new save.

notfood

A16 is already in the github and works fine as far as I can tell. There is a major change that adds chance to lower the quality of the item, it's disabled by default though, I'm seeing how to balance it then I'll release it.

I've also been thinking about adding a recycling option. I dislike the A14/A15 solutions, flat return or detoured method hm. I was thinking it can be easily done without detouring and just using the method Mending uses, instead of repairing, disassemble with some penalty.

Anxarcule

A little bummed that I only saw this now - will definitely be picking this mod up for my upcoming A16 playthrough.  I made a suggestion a few days ago about mending (and repairing structures as well), that I thought I'd run by you as this mod seems like the perfect addition to the base game.  Not sure how much work would go into something like this, but I think it would be cool and keep things more balanced

For armor/apparel/weapon the repair cost should vary based on quality.  It should be a % of the initial cost but based on quality.  A steel sword costing 120 steel that is damaged to 75% and of normal quality should cost 30 steel to repair, while a legendary steel sword costing 120 steel that is damaged to 75% would have that cost increased by x%.  The logic behind this is that such a quality piece of equipment would require more delicate care/wasted resources to mend to 100%, which would make maintaining legendary gear in top shape have a steeper cost involved.  Off the top of my head I would estimate that legendary should cost 3x material to mend than normal, masterwork 1.8x, excellent 1.4x, superior 1.2x, and anything normal or below 1x.  This would make repairing that legendary steel sword form 75% to 100% cost 90 steel - almost as much as making a brand new one would cost.  I would further add a minimum crafting skill to repair high quality equipment (legendary: 18+, masterwork 16+, etc).

Beathrus

Oh, Very nice! :O I used Mending a few alphas back, I am glad someone is still going with it! And finally it has a cost! Woo!

notfood

SafeInside is the part of Mending that used to filter items outside or inside. It's a special filter to keep your pawns from going to the dangerous unroofed areas.

A16 SafeInside 0.16.1.0

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]