[1.0] Mend And Recycle

Started by notfood, August 06, 2016, 09:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightinggale

How do you tell the normal and easy mode Mending mods apart while patching?

I found a steam mod called Small workbenches and I noticed that it will patch for Mending if the mod is loaded. However it assumes MendingKit to be present if a mod named Mending is loaded, meaning it causes a lot of errors when using the easy Mending mod.

Obviously the answer is to conditionally patch depending on which version is loaded, but it looks like those two mods are too similar to tell them apart. I found two differences, one is the MendingKit and the other is the different preview image. None of those can be used while patching. Wouldn't it make sense to make at least some difference, like easy mode targets 0.18.0 and normal 0.18.1 in about.xml. ModCheck is able to read that number and that way patch creators will be able to tell them apart. Alternatively renaming one of them, but that would likely be messy to do now that they have been released and the name is in savegames.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Platonov555

Will this get updated? or is it even possible, with all the changes in 1.0?

Kiame

I can see NotFood is still active on GitHub with other RimWorld mods so i can only assume this mod will get a 1.0 update.

If not, NotFood I will gladly pick this mod up for continued support if you are not planning to update it. I use it too much and I have two mods that use it as well  :D

Platonov555

Quote from: Kiame on June 28, 2018, 11:26:07 PM
I can see NotFood is still active on GitHub with other RimWorld mods so i can only assume this mod will get a 1.0 update.

If not, NotFood I will gladly pick this mod up for continued support if you are not planning to update it. I use it too much and I have two mods that use it as well  :D

That'd be excellent, we all appreciate you modders a lot

Galvenox

I would really love a 1.0 update for this one...

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Galvenox on July 03, 2018, 03:15:45 PM

If you can live without the Mending part and just want the Recyling, the Recycle mod is updated.

Galvenox

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 03, 2018, 03:32:14 PM
Quote from: Galvenox on July 03, 2018, 03:15:45 PM

If you can live without the Mending part and just want the Recyling, the Recycle mod is updated.
yes, that's what I'm using at the moment, but Mending is what it's all about :D thanks though.

Kiame

I've probably done a little too much for an unofficial patch...

Here's a 1.0 version: https://github.com/KiameV/RimWorld-Mending/releases/download/1.0/Mending.zip

Main changes are I've added a Settings page where anyone can adjust the rate of mending failures.
I've also made apparel for mending receipts load dynamically. Now all apparel that requires either an Industrial or Spacer Component are considered complex. All other apparel is simple.

Anyone using Change Dresser or Weapon Storage will need to grab the newest version.
Change Dresser: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-changedresser/releases/download/1.0/ChangeDresser.zip
Weapon Storage: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-weaponstorage/releases/download/1.0/WeaponStorage.zip

Note: I did not update the ModSync versions for these as nothing is really updated except the mending mod linkages

@NotFood
Sorry I didn't wait for any response from you. If you want me to take this down I will.
Feel free to grab any of the code from my fork  :)

Goberfish

Quote from: Kiame on July 09, 2018, 03:12:47 AM
I've probably done a little too much for an unofficial patch...

Here's a 1.0 version: https://github.com/KiameV/RimWorld-Mending/releases/download/1.0/Mending.zip

For me the apparel recipes didn't work.

Adding the relevant categories to their ingredient lists in the recipe defs appears to have solved this issue, though.

Kiame

hmm

What wasnt working? Did the receipts not have any ingredients listed or  were pawns not doing the bills?

Goberfish

Quote from: Kiame on July 09, 2018, 09:48:08 AMWhat wasnt working? Did the receipts not have any ingredients listed or  were pawns not doing the bills?

The recipes knew that you were talking about apparel (you could go into their details and see the complex apparel listing complex apparel, simple apparel listing simple apparel) but it's like that information wasn't getting to the actual job itself. When there were relevant weapons nearby that fit their bills, the pawns would do it and you could right click on the bench to prioritise it. But when there was relevant apparel nearby, the pawns wouldn't do it and you couldn't right click on the bench to prioritise it, which is what makes me suspect that the job doesn't actually recognise that there's relevant apparel to be used even though the recipes know what types of apparel they're responsible for.

I'm not a modder so I apologise if I'm using terms weirdly but this was the best way I knew how to describe it. If this description doesn't help then let me know and I'd be happy to go back and revert my personal changes and document the problem with images.  :)

Kiame

Thanks you described it well. In my (limited) testing pawns were mending apparel and I was able to right click. I was using a saved game though and that might have added extra data. I'll play around with it more this evening.

I would like to get dynamically loaded bills working for mending as I have a few mods that have what should be complex apparel showing up in the simple apparel mending bills

Galvenox

thank you so much for the update Kiame! but I have the same problem as Goberfish, pawns will mend weapons, but won't mend apparel. and I'm not as bright as Goberfish when it comes to editing files, so could anyone give me a hint what exactly should I do to make it work?

Kiame

I will get to this soonish and will have an update tonight

I did just confirm i can reproduce on my side

Galvenox

managed to fix it myself for now, amazing being a dummy I am. but a proper update will only help I suppose. again, thanks for updating!