[1.0] Mend And Recycle

Started by notfood, August 06, 2016, 09:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

The only other requirement are, the pawn need crafting 4.

Tocato

nah i meet the crafting requirements too. only option available when clicking is cannot mend and cannot refuel (need mending kits)

Canute

To craft mending kits at the mending table it need to be fueled.
But you can craft mending kits at the crafting spot too.

Tocato

oh that must be it. i will try that thanks

forumgod

Mending should require components for "simple" apparel and weapons, and advanced components for "complex" apparel and weapons. Otherwise it's too easy. Make two types of mending kits, one kit required for each bill and remove the "fuel" nonsense

Hjkma

Quote from: nickdos on September 21, 2019, 03:13:32 AM
Mending should require components for "simple" apparel and weapons, and advanced components for "complex" apparel and weapons. Otherwise it's too easy. Make two types of mending kits, one kit required for each bill and remove the "fuel" nonsense
+1

Tocato

i kind of agree. once you make a masterwork or legendary item theres no reason not to immediately repair it. and yknow, that has an impact on your need to craft of course.

Canute

That shouldn't be hard to create.
Just clone the mending kits with new name/def and new resources to create.
Clone the mending bench to use the adv. mending kits.
And don't forget to reassign the recipe's to the benches.
A talented XML modder should do the job.

Ogoun

Just an idea to make ist less easy.
Instead of mending kits you need the material the item is made of.
Repair legendary thrumbowool pants? Sure, use x thrombowool and x cotton and x steel. Need to repair legendary uranium sword? X uranium and x steel. Charge rifle? plassteel components steel. You get the point.
More realistic and less game breaking.

Canute

And i bet much more complicate to create.
If you believe it or not the idea isn't new.

Haplo created a weapon repair mod, where you need to have and sacrifice another same weapon to repair another. But only works for weapon.

vovik

Doable, will get on it when i free up from other planned stuff.
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

Ogoun

Unfortunately i cant mod Rimworld myself. Never touched c# (till now).
I would take the smelting products of smeltable things as "extra" ingredients.
If the object to repair is not smeltable i would take quarter of the production costs(rounded down +1).
Is the xml part powerful enough to use this approach?

Is it possible to have different "fuel types"?
"Hyperweave repairset" (x Hyperweave + x plasteel) for all "clothy" appearal (cloth, devilstrand, Synthread ....)
"Leather repairset" (x Leather + x plasteel + x chemfuel/neutramin/any chemical) for all Leather appearal
"Complex repairset" (x components + x plasteel + x steel + x Hyperweave) for all complex Weapon and Apperal ("normal" guns, helmets, protective Vests, ....)
"SpaceTec repairset" ( x adv. components + x components + x plasteel + x Hyperweave) for anything that is powered/spacertec
"lowTec repairsec" (x steel + x wood + x cloth) for melee and bows

As another (maybe less work intensive) approach.

It is more expensive and more complex. and that is the way i t should be. imho.
Could code it in XML with 5 diffrent workbenches. But ... no .. rly no.

Wuwuk

Mending kits are not build on a electric tailoring workbench as it is written at the top of the first page of a topic, but are build on a craft spot?

Canute

Quote from: Wuwuk on February 29, 2020, 07:08:58 AM
Mending kits are not build on a electric tailoring workbench as it is written at the top of the first page of a topic, but are build on a craft spot?
I would suggest to use RimWiki mod, so you can see what table/research is need for craftable items.
But yes the first posting is a bit outdated. You can them at the crafting spot too.

Wuwuk

Quote from: Canute on February 29, 2020, 07:13:51 AM
Quote from: Wuwuk on February 29, 2020, 07:08:58 AM
I would suggest to use RimWiki mod, so you can see what table/research is need for craftable items.
But yes the first posting is a bit outdated. You can them at the crafting spot too.
Thanks for the tip on the WikiRim mod)