Hoppers

Started by Wex, August 07, 2016, 07:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

Right now hoppers are a relic from the past.
I have a couple of conflicting suggestions.

1. Have them removed completely; paste dispenser will be refilled like the fueled generator.
2. Have them work with mortars, speeding up the reload time.
3. Have them refrigerated, if keept this way, so you can store food without having to build a fridge also; you can also store there meals ready to be eaten.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

ToXeye

Quote from: Wex on August 07, 2016, 07:28:15 AM
3. Have them refrigerated, if keept this way, so you can store food without having to build a fridge also; you can also store there meals ready to be eaten.

I think that having mini fridges would be pretty nice. Something like what you say.

I imagine some kind of coolant pipes that can be connected to a place that you want to cool. So having them under the hoppers would connect the pipes to the hoppers. A new architect tab that has a tool for managing circuits would be nice. Circuitry. Water, oil, gas, and so on.

Another solution is to have something like a one-space fridge/freezer, which then will allow the colonists to store more food in a smaller spot. Hauling to and from would be something to think about.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\