Maximum amount per stack in stockpile

Started by Kagemusha12, August 07, 2016, 11:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kagemusha12

It would be nice if (for stackable items) we could control the maximum amount of items ... either per stockpile or per stack in the stockpile.

Example:
I have a single prisoner with an extreme infection in the prison cell (which I want to keep alive)
but I also have a few normal colonists in the hopspital, and I am running low on medkits.

Therefore I want to put a stockpile with just a single medkit next to the prison cell.

Currently it seems like this isn't possible, as neither sharing the items between stockpiles is in the game nor (I guess easier to program) a slider that allows you to determine the maximum amount of items per stack in a stockpile.

LouisTBR

This would be useful, but the only problem is that you could then abuse this and have a single 1x1 stockpile containing 1000 simple meals and cheat the game to save colony space. The only way around this is to find a sensible limit at which to stop the stockpile, but this would probably be around the same as it is now so...
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Serenity

So just set an upper limit and give the user control up to that point

Kagemusha12

Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on August 07, 2016, 12:16:34 PM
This would be useful, but the only problem is that you could then abuse this and have a single 1x1 stockpile containing 1000 simple meals and cheat the game to save colony space. The only way around this is to find a sensible limit at which to stop the stockpile, but this would probably be around the same as it is now so...

The maximum amount you could store per stack, would of course still be the stacksize limit (i.e. 75 per item (x20 for valuable ores)