Why did you back Rimworld?

Started by Christian, October 13, 2013, 02:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venator

Sadly I didnt back the game cause no way to pay over the interwebs.
But I would have instantly backed it after I saw the first video of it
Will buy as soon as I am able to use paypal or if it comes to steam.

Skar78

Short answer: Intrigued by the concept.

Long answer:
In Minecraft I was missing purpose for my contraptions.
Terraria I loved but with 1.2 it is rather silly/easy.
Dwarf Fortress was a tad too hardcore (managed a few games with tielsets, did enjoy, but uniform/squad management- omg).
Gnomoria was simply not finished and hated the sudden spawn somewhere inside my defenses.
Towns was too basic and dumbed down - and Prison Architect i loved from graphics but the setting is not mortivating for me (and super depressive).

RimWorld seems to offer a purpose for the cosntructions (defense, survival), seems to be not too hardcore (hopefully) but also not too simple in an interesting setting.

Airborne

Quote from: drakesdoom;760994The brightest among us often underestimate the ability of an idiot that won't give up.

Peng Qi

I saw TheWinterOwl's Let's Play of it, and was shocked to see a DF-like game in a playable state before its Kickstarter was over. I'd always wanted to play a DF-like game, but DF itself is an opaque wall of stupid.

EightBitRanger

I just found out about this game the other day from Scott Manley's Youtube channel (yes, another one), and bought it that same day. If I would have found out about it sooner during the Kickstarter campaign, this would have been an instant back for me. Not only would I have been supporting a Canadian developer (which KS only recently started to allow), but it combines my love of Sci-Fi and business/management type games. Even in its early stage its pretty fun and addictive, and I can only imagine its going to suck more and more time away from me as development goes on.

colblackwolf

I saw EnterElysium play it on his Youtube channel.  And it simply looked awesome, so I checked it out.  What I saw made me get it. And all is good  :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how it develops and how the stories change and evolve.

Selgald

I saw a video from scott manley, and after 10 seconds I wanted that game.
Deutsches RimWorld Let's Play: YouTube Selgald

Shawdawg

The comparison to:
Warhammer 40K
FTL
Dwarf Fortress
Combat like Jagged Alliance 2

The fact that it isn't a medieval fantasy land.

Jones-250

Quote from: Selgald on January 04, 2014, 11:44:35 AM
I saw a video from Scott Manley, and after 10 seconds I wanted that game.
Ditto, mate.
Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

Anexgohan

PunisheR007

The reason why i backed rimworld was because i love RTS games and base building, this had it all in one, and looked very cool and totally different from the rest. Comon rimworld next version hehe, not to long to go before the next backer version will be available.
Cheers!!

Nefisa

I backed on the strength of Scott Manley's half hour YT video. Bought in immediately and after about 2 hours of play I was sat there with a cheesy fat grin on my face, knowing that i'd made a sterling purchase.

Of all the crowd sourced WiPs that i've bought into this is the one that I am enjoying watching the progress of the most. Nice community full of people who genuinly care about the game. Such a refreshing change to the usual contingent of asshats that saturate a game's forum :p

Rimworld, Starbound and Star Citizen.. not to mention Elite Dangerous and the fingers crossed hope that Shipbreakers actually happens. The future is looking mighty fine.
<Signature goes here>