Wall Damage?

Started by Coenmcj, March 02, 2014, 03:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coenmcj

I've been simultaneously playing 2 colonies where one is in Developer mode and the other is not and for some reason no walls suddenly start breaking down in either, is this a bug or is it intended as I didn't see any mention of it in the change logs.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

keylocke

how thick are the walls? i'm not sure if stone walls degrade over time, but i've seen metal walls do.
this is the reason why i only keep my walls two layers deep and i place my furnitures in a way that colonists will always have wall access for repairs.

edit : also i've read somewhere that some weather have a damaging effect on walls? so designing bases to always have wall access for repairs seems to be the norm.

Rokiyo

Quote from: Rokiyo on February 26, 2014, 11:03:06 AM
Will the new rock walls naturally deteriorate over time like the metal walls currently do? I'm hoping they don't, as that would allow us to fill in caves and old rooms without needing to worry about one tile in the middle eventually needing a repair job.

Quote from: Tynan on February 26, 2014, 11:06:38 AM
If I recall correctly I just turned off the deterioration system overall; it wasn't that interesting.

Coenmcj

Cheers, that would make sense as walls (No matter the thickness) would only recieve damage from external tihngs, such as raiders, explosions or lightning strikes.

Quote from: keylocke on March 02, 2014, 04:44:27 AM
how thick are the walls? i'm not sure if stone walls degrade over time, but i've seen metal walls do.
this is the reason why i only keep my walls two layers deep and i place my furnitures in a way that colonists will always have wall access for repairs.

Metal walls used to, and neither do now according to
If I recall correctly I just turned off the deterioration system overall; it wasn't that interesting.
I was using both Rock and metal walls to varying thickness around the base.

keylocke

Quote from: Coenmcj on March 02, 2014, 08:34:37 PM
Metal walls used to, and neither do now according to

i see. good to know. i can now totally abuse the thickness of my stonewalls then. haha.

Coenmcj

Rockwalls > Blasting charges for sure, way more abusable then blasting charges.  anyone up for making vault 101?