Crash ship wall solution

Started by Mendel, August 07, 2016, 06:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mendel

I´m sure you guys have found this or something similar ages ago but I figured I´d try meleeing the crashed ship.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/1625057006714464319/B1EF7D82755CCA2A99043633F8C45811669D04EE/

I was playing this on cassandra rough with permadeath and I was desperate. Idea is to sacrifice one person for the greater good. Couple people go and wall themselves in next to the ship. (though I now realize you should ideally not have them on the same side like I did here cause they might get mood swings and attack each other)
Then a third person goes and knocks on the ship. The bad guys attacked the knocker guy, then they did a bit of wall destroying and... they did not go after the melee guys, instead they went on to attack my base!

edit: no wait, I explained this wrong, the third guy is inside the walls to the left of the ship first, he knocks on the door, the enemies appear in that area and then before they kill the surrounding walls and while they are doing it that is when the other two guys wall themselves in next to the ship. I had that  should have taken video of this :) Anyways I had that 3 wide wall section built and guys outside of that whole wall complex and they destroyed the walls and remade some of them while the enemies were trying to destroy the other walls. then they just wandered for a while and started attacking my base as I started meleeing the ship.

This is exactly dream scenario cause that means I was able to kill the mood swing ship and the enemies attacked my turrets!

Basically at this point I had not got any weapons manufactured whatsoever for my guys, I was relying on the turrets, I didnt know how to use mortars (lol) and this was the first time I was able to not lose the game due to this ship :)

btw I started making a lot of stone bricks very early on and kept making them instead of dumping the "mining waste" stones. So when the ship landed I was able to make a small stockpile of building material out of stone right next to the ship so building walls was relatively quick.

Now I can think of even smaller scale wall solutions that would likely work with as little as 12 or so wall pieces now that I know the logic of how this works... or I think I do.

Anyways. Wicked, crime lord, meleeing crashed ship... Thug life, no? :)

Lightzy

Or.... a couple of guys with sniper rifles

:>

Mendel

well, every time I checked how many resources I would need to make weapons... I didnt have any components or didnt have any steel or needed the resources elsewhere... or I thought I´d wait for better tech before making weapons. I´ve never had a sniper rifle in a game so far. not even as loot. I did get a minigun from one of those big robot slug thingies though and that was okay for animal hunting :D

Serenity

Depends on what's inside. I just defeated three scythers with four turrets (it landed right outside my defense line), a survival rifle and a pistol

Wex

Last psychic ship got a special treatment:
One IED every 2 spaces; a mortar shell in the empty spaces; at the corners and every 2 squares, a second line of shells.
Then my nudist used his survival rifle on the broad side of the barn ship.
When the 7th hit collided (3 in shooting), they emerged.
I couldn't count the scythers, they were vapourized. I had 27 crawlers, all badly injured.
The ship vanished.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Lightzy

I haven't tried it but I know you can get rooms to temperatures upwards of 400c. Might be enough to vaporize the mechanids.
You have to make a roofed stone room, put some burnable stuff in it and start a fire.

Could be fun if it works, but I'm not sure you can roof the ship part.

Also it happened to me under a mountain, so you might need "heavy roof" for that..
I guess I'll try it for funseees

Still, the best solution is guys with sniper rifles.
Those sniper rifles really rule the game

Mutineer

There are an other solution, not sure it is still work in current game.

Surround ship with double wooden walls, build roof. If enemies now destroying walls might be better to surround wooden walls with stone one's. Leave 2 ties corridor and doors, double-triple doors out. Get colonist with fire grenades fire on ship. If he hit ship - enemies appear and fire started, run. (if he can duck fats behind corner it work, he will not die, most lickly.) Enemies will die from fire and burn out. ship will not, you will have to destroy it manually after. If colonist did not hit ship but started fire, swap on other colonist with fast fire weapon like pistol and fire on ship, and run when enemy appear. Same result. (just do it fast before room got too hot.)