Modifying eType and thingClass

Started by WorldOfIllusion, March 02, 2014, 06:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WorldOfIllusion

First off, sorry if this has been asked before.
Secondly, my actual question. Is there a way to modify an eType to include aspects from another eType (and similarly for thingClass)? For example, I want to have a Plant eType with some of the aspects of BuildingComplex eType.
Or, rather than this is there a way to give a definition multiple eType's and multiple thingClass's to avoid having to modify the eType's/thingClass's at all?
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)

Rokiyo

The ability to create entirely new thingClasses should come with Alpha 3.

For now, you're limited to the following eTypes, and I'm not sure how Alpha 3 will impact our ability to expand  upon (or combine) these:
Undefined,
Pawn,
Item,
Apparel,
Equipment,
Filth,
Fire,
Corpse,
Debris,
Puddle,
DropPod,
Plant,
Floor,
Roof,
Mote,
Blueprint,
Projectile,
ItemSkyFalling,
Rock,
SteamGeyser,
BuildingComplex,
BuildingInert,
Frame,
Wall,
Door,
Bed,
Building_WorkTable,
Building_Table,
Building_LaunchPad,
Building_PowerPlantGeothermal,
Building_PowerConduit,
Building_Battery,
Building_CommsConsole,
Building_ResearchBench,
Building_Turret,
Building_Chair

WorldOfIllusion

So is there no way to, for example, have a plant with components (from BuildingComplex)? Cause there are a lot of cool things that would need this kind of stuff to be made, for example a plant that generates power or (what I am working on now) a plant that creates a small amount of light (and then of course can be used to make other glowing things).

*EDIT* nevermind this, turns out most of the behaviour I want to alter is actually contained in thingClass and as such will (hopefully) be available in Alpha 3. Now to wait for Alpha 3.
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)