add easter eggs / calendar events

Started by Mendel, August 08, 2016, 05:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mendel

So yeah, my suggestion is that the game would be aware of the calendar of the real world and give us special events on special days.

Like so:
On Easter it would be massive amounts of chocolate falling from the skies on cargo pods and you would get a lot more bunnies.
On Christmas you would get a visitor: santa claus and he would bring some plasteel presents.
On Halloween you could get a pawn turning into a vampire and a ghost of a dead colonist would visit the colony
... and more such things. you get the idea.

...And make some of these events really rare so they would be special indeed!

skinicism

Personally, I would prefer it if there was more pickled cacti pudding
and the machinery to make it. As such, I would also like to use it as
fishing bait for flying snakes.

Mendel

Well come on, just a bit of fun. Plenty of games both old and new do this sort of thing, whether it otherwise fit their mood or not.

It´s not a high priority and of course this kind of thing if it is ever added should not be announced, it should just be dropped in as a surprise.

And I doubt its a huge workload but I do agree there is probably many more important things to work on.

BlackSmokeDMax

While it's not a bad idea. It would be kind of hard to implement as there is no longer any months. Just seasons, so there is no cross reference to the real calendar. Even when there was months, they were only 10 days long each.

SpaceDorf

But the equivalents could still be in there ..
winter solstice,  green leaves sprout from wooden doors and the colonists exchange gifts, food and drama
first spring / snow-melt break, all pawns go on a booze binge and rip of their shirts
mid-summer night, some males grow donkey ears

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Wex

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison