One Dedicated Hauler

Started by SpaceDorf, August 08, 2016, 07:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

This is the worst 4th Colonist I ever got ...

His Name is Time, and he just walked up and joined ..
As I opened the Charakter Screen I actually shouted out loud : " You have to be fucking kidding me .. "

He can't do shit ... the two jobs he is able to do are Animal Handling(4) and Art(1) without flame ..
he does not even clean .. at least he hauls ( because of mod ) ,..

at least he has one positive trait he actually benefits from ..

is there a mod to make pawns clean ?

found it ..

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

cultist

Sheriff is quickly becoming the new worst background. A bit of bad luck with the childhood background and you get the most useless pawn ever.

SpaceDorf

Yeah, his childhood story deactivates 6 types of work too

MeowRailroad

Maybe a limit should be set as to how many things can be disabled and the game could use that to pick backstories that match that limit. In some cases colonists should have a way to gain ability to do that but only sometimes. For example, it makes sense that a noble might realize that if he doesn't start working he's going to hurt the colony which will probably cause him and the others to die, but a vatgrown soldier can't learn social skills because his/her brain just isn't wired for social interaction.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

Skaliri

Quote from: MeowRailroad on August 15, 2016, 11:41:40 AM
Maybe a limit should be set as to how many things can be disabled and the game could use that to pick backstories that match that limit. In some cases colonists should have a way to gain ability to do that but only sometimes. For example, it makes sense that a noble might realize that if he doesn't start working he's going to hurt the colony which will probably cause him and the others to die, but a vatgrown soldier can't learn social skills because his/her brain just isn't wired for social interaction.

You wound me sir! You think my honour would allow me to dirty my hands instead of dying with dignity? And like I care about these filthy peasants! PFFF!

Without kidding tho, it's a interesting idea, and a good way to see it work would be giving big unhappyness impacts imho. it seems about right for some baron to TRY to harvest some crops (or for a sherrif to try patch up his only buddy), but he sure as hell ain't gonna be happy about it.

Wex

This is the kind of pawn that I let go pet the coguars.
When they are hungry.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Ceglaaa

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 08, 2016, 07:08:38 PM
at least he has one positive trait he actually benefits from ..

Walking organ provider or human shield? :D

SpaceDorf

Actually I became quite fond of him.

If something needs hauling on the ass end of the map. Timmy.
If someone needs to rescue a pawn under fire. Timmy.
He got to lvl 6 with his animals skill, so I could assign some Grizzly Bears to him and after all this shit he still has all his original bodyparts.
On top of this after two years of constant wooing he got into an affair with the hot asian chick who is also his stepmom.

I can't get rid of someone who is so openly favored by Lady Luck. :)

Also I never had a base as clean as this one and I get to shout " TIMMMAAA !!! " for no reason :)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

John_Bigless

Quote from: cultist on August 08, 2016, 07:18:32 PM
Sheriff is quickly becoming the new worst background. A bit of bad luck with the childhood background and you get the most useless pawn ever.
And because he is so PHAT it is even worse
And i am asking, why being a sherrif makes you PHAT?

SpaceDorf