[B18]As Simple As Rack - Simple storage solution for your everyday needs :p

Started by kaptain_kavern, August 08, 2016, 11:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

idk now that I understand how RT storage works it will be hard to sway me!

Grogfeld

Aaaa that make sense. It acts like support, great.

I just thought that if you are playing with stacksize then you can think of smaller size to, and like in my example one item per table, would make a sense  in bedrooms, that way pawns would just eat in that room right after they weak up. I was curious if there is a way to make a slider that would set percentage of default size. Just an idea but probably not for this topic.

Back to topic then. You right there is no need for protection from deterioration, your picture shows exactly how it looks :) And with new mechanics in A14, designating roofed area. you can make roofs outside walls to, so technically you can make one wall and few roofed cells around it. But I don't remember if it needs to be an indoor area or just roofed is fine to stop deterioration.

Exende

what is that light in the OP?  Doesn't look like anything I've seen from other mods

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: player on August 13, 2016, 05:44:54 AM
please upload this to the workshop
Nope and i won't upload any of my mods on Steamworkshop. Sorry for the brutal answer but i don't support the use of SteamWorkshop at all.

Some of the reasons why.

i can provide other download links, like Dropbox and such if Github is a problem though

Quote from: Exende on August 13, 2016, 10:00:06 AM
what is that light in the OP?  Doesn't look like anything I've seen from other mods
Oops my bad i forgot to talk about it in the OP (now updated).
This is just "normal" neon light, cost 20 steel units and consume 40W.
I put it in just because it was with the pack where i salvaged the storage graphics and I find that they go well together graphic-wise.

AseaHeru

Huh, for some reason my game just decided that the refrigerated ones shouldn't hold anything. Tried taking every one of them down and replacing them and it dident work, though restarting the game did.

There was one error message about it prior to restart, talking about the stuff in them using an ID already in use or something.

kaptain_kavern

Are you still playing A14?

Because this mod isn't updated to A15 yet because of the CCL dependancy

AseaHeru

Yes, I was playing alpha 14. Should have said that in the beginning...

kaptain_kavern

Hum that is weird. I need to investigate. Could you please send me more informations, like the exact error message or even better the output_log files (explanations here).  That way i could try to correct those. Thx in advance

AseaHeru

[email protected]

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 31, 2016, 02:08:02 PM
Hum that is weird. I need to investigate. Could you please send me more informations, like the exact error message or even better the output_log files (explanations here).  That way i could try to correct those. Thx in advance

I also get this error every time i reload a game. The only way to fix it is to restart the game. I never get this error from a fresh start and the only time I get it is from a reload.

http://imgur.com/a/gNTyB

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: [email protected] on September 05, 2016, 02:48:42 PM
Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 31, 2016, 02:08:02 PM

I also get this error every time i reload a game. The only way to fix it is to restart the game. I never get this error from a fresh start and the only time I get it is from a reload.

http://imgur.com/a/gNTyB

First, Are you sure you still run the A14 of Rimworld too?  (sorry I have to ask to be sure) and if yes could you too try to send me the output files? Without something as detailed as that I'm reduced to making wild guesses only,  sorry

[email protected]

I couldn't locate the output file following the steam link. I put an image of the error in my previous post. I haven't upgraded to a15 yet.

kaptain_kavern

Oh crap. Too bad.
Because I saw your attached image but with this error message only I can't track at all where the problem occurs.

Sorry to insist, but without this file or really really more informations I can't do anything.
Depending on which version you use, you can find more detail on the location of the output_log.txt in this thread too : How to Report a Bug

extract :
QuoteLog File
Posting a log file means uploading the log RimWorld generated. Here's where to find it:

Windows (Steam): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\output_log.txt
    Windows (non-Steam): RimWorld####Win\RimWorld####Win_Data\output_log.txt
    Mac (Steam): Users/<UserName>/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
    Mac (non-Steam): /Users/[your user name]/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log
    Linux (Steam): /home/<UserName>/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Player.log
    Note: You must run RimWorld from the console or the log file will not be created.  If you don't run RimWorld from the console, you may find the log at /tmp/rimworld_log
    Linux (non-Steam): /home/[your user name]/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Player.log

I seriously suspect (but without more reasons than it's the most "complex" part of the mod codewise) the piece of code that make items disappear when stored in Refrigerated Storage Racks.