[B18]As Simple As Rack - Simple storage solution for your everyday needs :p

Started by kaptain_kavern, August 08, 2016, 11:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Yes it helps me help you  ;D

From  what i've seen in the logs it came from the CCL comp for hidding item when stored in refrigerated room.

Exception spawning loaded thing RefrigeratedStorageRackSmall149179: System.ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Verse.IntVec3,Verse.Thing].Add (IntVec3 key, Verse.Thing value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.HideItemManager.RegisterBuilding (Verse.Thing building) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CommunityCoreLibrary.CompHideItem.PostSpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.SpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Building.SpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Building_Storage.SpawnSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn (Verse.Thing newThing, IntVec3 loc, Rot4 rot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.LoadData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

But I never had this problem. Also I have never tried this mod with Brunayla's mods at all, maybe the non-decaying mods can interfer with mine as I have never tried his mods, i'll investigate and check.

The good news is I can tell you how to resolve the problem for it will not occur again, but i'm not sure if existing already bugged stored items aren't doomed :-C

Open AsSimpleAsRack/Defs/ThingDefs/Buildings_StorageRacks.xml with any text editors (even windows Notepad will suffice) and search for the line 93.

Here you should see this bit :

<li Class="CommunityCoreLibrary.CompProperties_HideItem">
          <compClass>CommunityCoreLibrary.CompHideItem</compClass>
          <preventItemSelection>false</preventItemSelection>
</li>

It is the piece that define the fact that stored items are hidden. We want to comment this bit (meaning putting it between "<!--" and "-->" tag - that way the game will not interpret this bit at all like it wasn't even there)

So you can copy/paste below to replace the code shown above (starting at line 93)

Quote<!-- <li Class="CommunityCoreLibrary.CompProperties_HideItem">
          <compClass>CommunityCoreLibrary.CompHideItem</compClass>
          <preventItemSelection>false</preventItemSelection>
</li> -->

Now on reload, items shouldn't not by hide anymore but i'm not sure how those already hide will behave.

Please please please tell me how it turns out

[email protected]

That works great!

However, I liked how my items were hidden when they were in the fridge so I changed it back.

This is not a big problem for me as I rarely if ever reload in a gaming session. The only time I reload is if I mess up the layout of what I'm building. Restarting the game takes less than a minute anyways. :)

Thanks for the quick responses.

kaptain_kavern

Hey thank you too for telling me it worked and was coming from here. If it happen again now I will be able to help someone else quicker ;)

When CCL will be updated to A15 we can hope this particular issue will be solved and this feature could stay in the mod.
I, too, like this little detail but CCL dependency is mostly there because it's what permit racks to properly refrigerate items (IIRC this function is still broken/unbalanced in vanilla), and that's why this particular mod is not updated to A15 yet

nachtfalter

shadowstitch

Is there any way we could get just some basic A15 racks for sorting/storing junk stacks?
I got spoiled using the Extended Storage racks in A14, but those aren't updated either, apparently owing to the CCL dependency of freezer chests, which I don't care about anyway.
(Or more to the point, have already been implemented by Vendan with Rimfridge.)

kaptain_kavern

Hi there.

Thanks for your interest.

I still kinda prefer to use CCL after wise (because it add more than just the refrigeration possibilities) but in the meantime I put together a quick altered version that use Vendan's Rimfridge in place of CCL.

Using this : https://github.com/kaptain-kavern/AsSimpleAsRack/archive/master.zip

And please be sure to put this mod AFTER the Rimfridge mod.

I made this very quickly. I will try to see if I can upgrade it a bit later. Tell me how it worked, please

Even if this is intended to be temporary. Credits where it's due :

A big "thank you" to Vendan for making the Rimfridge mod !

shadowstitch

Thanks, Kavern! So far, so good, I'll make a note if I run into any complications.

kaptain_kavern

You're welcome  :D
In the time between my last post and your reply I've corrected two bugs and even added the texture to make the "glass door" thingy like in RimFridge.

Quote from: shadowstitch on November 04, 2016, 03:11:58 PM
I'll make a note if I run into any complications.

And thanks, that's all I ask please  ;)

cyrusblack

im having some issues with your mod, most of the rack style mods are out of date, but essentially im using Rimfridge from the Steam site and injecting your mod through the mods folder (if you could throw this on steam, id really appreciate it).
http://puu.sh/sD5du/1dec849f93.png this is the error i receive.

Rhine

Any plans on updating this mod for a16 or making it standalone? This is pretty much an essential mod for me.

SteelRev

A15 version seems to be compatible with A16
Light works,  regular storage racks work,  fridge racks work.  No errors  , only change I made was updated the target version in the about XML.

zarathustra_bezbozhnik

Hi,  Kaptain!
I've attempted to load "As Simple As Rag" (following instructions re.Rimfridge) and upon game initialization, it gave some errors. Would you please take a look at these:
1.This occures when both "Rimfridge"
and "As simple as rag"
are loaded:outputlog1 or the excerpt:
Whole XML:

<TerrainDef><defName>Mud</defName><label>mud</label><texturePath>Terrain/Surfaces/Mud</texturePath><EdgeType>FadeRough</EdgeType><RenderPrecedence>330</RenderPrecedence><PathCost>12</PathCost><statBases><Beauty>-2</Beauty><Cleanliness>-2</Cleanliness></statBases><TerrainFilthDef>FilthDirt</TerrainFilthDef><Fertility>0</Fertility><TakeFootprints>True</TakeFootprints><acceptFilth>false</acceptFilth><avoidWander>true</avoidWander><driesTo>Soil</driesTo><affordances><li>Diggable</li><li>Undefined</li></affordances><affordances><li>Undefined</li><li>Undefined</li></affordances></TerrainDef>

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

XML Verse.TerrainDef defines the same field twice: affordances.

Field contents: UndefinedUndefined.

Whole XML:

<TerrainDef><defName>Marsh</defName><label>marsh</label><texturePath>Terrain/Surfaces/Marsh</texturePath><EdgeType>FadeRough</EdgeType><RenderPrecedence>325</RenderPrecedence><PathCost>23</PathCost><statBases><Beauty>-2</Beauty><Cleanliness>-2</Cleanliness></statBases><TerrainFilthDef>FilthDirt</TerrainFilthDef><Fertility>0</Fertility><TakeFootprints>True</TakeFootprints><acceptFilth>false</acceptFilth><avoidWander>true</avoidWander><driesTo>Soil</driesTo><affordances><li>Diggable</li><li>Undefined</li></affordances><affordances><li>Undefined</li><li>Undefined</li></affordances></TerrainDef>

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Could not find a type named RimFridge.Building_Refrigerator

Could not find type named RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer from node <li Class="RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer"><graphicData><texPath>Building/Temperature/Fridge/DualFridgeLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Multi</graphicClass><shaderType>Transparent</shaderType><drawSize>(4,3)</drawSize></graphicData><altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer></li>

XML error: <graphicData><texPath>Building/Temperature/Fridge/DualFridgeLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Multi</graphicClass><shaderType>Transparent</shaderType><drawSize>(4,3)</drawSize></graphicData> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer from node <li Class="RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer"><graphicData><texPath>Building/Temperature/Fridge/SingleFridgeLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Multi</graphicClass><shaderType>Transparent</shaderType><drawSize>(3,3)</drawSize></graphicData><altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer></li>

XML error: <graphicData><texPath>Building/Temperature/Fridge/SingleFridgeLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Multi</graphicClass><shaderType>Transparent</shaderType><drawSize>(3,3)</drawSize></graphicData> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

XML error: <altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer from node <li Class="RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer"><graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageSingleLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(1,1)</drawSize></graphicData><altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer></li>

XML error: <graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageSingleLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(1,1)</drawSize></graphicData> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer from node <li Class="RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer"><graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageSmallLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(2,1)</drawSize></graphicData><altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer></li>

XML error: <graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageSmallLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(2,1)</drawSize></graphicData> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer from node <li Class="RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer"><graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageMediumLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(3,1)</drawSize></graphicData><altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer></li>

XML error: <graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageMediumLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(3,1)</drawSize></graphicData> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer from node <li Class="RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer"><graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageLargeLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(4,1)</drawSize></graphicData><altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer></li>

XML error: <graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageLargeLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(4,1)</drawSize></graphicData> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer from node <li Class="RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer"><graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageSmallDLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(2,2)</drawSize></graphicData><altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer></li>

XML error: <graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageSmallDLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(2,2)</drawSize></graphicData> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer from node <li Class="RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer"><graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageMediumDLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(3,2)</drawSize></graphicData><altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer></li>

XML error: <graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageMediumDLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(3,2)</drawSize></graphicData> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer from node <li Class="RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer"><graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageLargeDLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(4,2)</drawSize></graphicData><altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer></li>

XML error: <graphicData><texPath>Things/Buildings/Furniture/RefrigeratedStorageLargeDLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass><shaderType>MoteGlow</shaderType><drawSize>(4,2)</drawSize></graphicData> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

2.This occurres when only the "Rimfridge" is loaded - outputlog2, or the excerpt:

Could not find type named RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer from node <li Class="RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer"><graphicData><texPath>Building/Temperature/Fridge/DualFridgeLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Multi</graphicClass><shaderType>Transparent</shaderType><drawSize>(4,3)</drawSize></graphicData><altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer></li>

XML error: <graphicData><texPath>Building/Temperature/Fridge/DualFridgeLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Multi</graphicClass><shaderType>Transparent</shaderType><drawSize>(4,3)</drawSize></graphicData> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

Could not find type named RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer from node <li Class="RimFridge.CompProperties_SecondLayer"><graphicData><texPath>Building/Temperature/Fridge/SingleFridgeLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Multi</graphicClass><shaderType>Transparent</shaderType><drawSize>(3,3)</drawSize></graphicData><altitudeLayer>MoteOverhead</altitudeLayer></li>

XML error: <graphicData><texPath>Building/Temperature/Fridge/SingleFridgeLid</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Multi</graphicClass><shaderType>Transparent</shaderType><drawSize>(3,3)</drawSize></graphicData> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties.

I know I'm riding too many mods probably, but they work at the moment, so if you have any idea of what I'm f*cking up, please share.
Thank you in advance!

PS.: I'll insert a link to my message to Kiame and vice-a-versa.

kaptain_kavern

The start of the "chain of errors" seems related to some mods that change TerrainDef.

For all, I can see my mod throw errors only because it can't find Rimfridge.

zarathustra_bezbozhnik

I've turned down all the mods except Core, Rimfridge, as simple as rack.
The result is attached.

..and never mind, I'll just unload last to and be on way.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]