The saddest Story ever

Started by Nikitteh, August 09, 2016, 02:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikitteh

It was the year 5500 in the Tundra wildlife surrounds us trees as far as the eye could see and mountains looming over us. Our tribe of 5 Ted (named after my husband) Twangus (my redneck version of my  name) Talia, Bomba and Pig (Ted's sister). We all get to work building and mining our personal huts. Eventually over time we settle in have crops going and start a good stock pile for winter. Pig is the jealous type and an extremely pain in the ass as she keeps mentally breaking because Twangus has a nicer room (double bed) than her. Ted keeps trying to "woooh" Twangus but is on a fail streak. We hit a heat wave, Thrumbos roams into our area and we attempt to wall it in but the beast is too powerful and knocks our walls down and eventually leaves. A man hunter pack of elephants roam into our area and we all take arms and kill them all 3 (meat stocked up for winter  ;D. Flash storms almost killed our hay field and not once did traders pass by so it was rough but we survived! Life was good things were going great then it happened... our second heat wave. Bomba was the first to go she passed away in her sleep during the night. Next was Talia she was in the garden tending to the hay cutting and putting it away when she fell in the field. Pig was on her way to rescue Talia when she too fell from heat exhaustion. Both died a day later in the hospital beds, as Ted and Twangus were preping to take Pig and Talia to there graves Pigs dog Picco charged through the medical door and attacked Ted from the loss of her owner Pig. Ted and Twangus beat Picco to submission and placed her in a pet bed to recover. After burying Pig and Talia, Ted laid himself in the medical bed to recover Twangus not wanting to be alone placed her bed next to Ted's to keep him company. They talked and slept Twangus cleaned the medical oom constantly to keep busy and keep Ted company keeping high hopes that he would recover. Twangus wasn't a doctor so Ted was facing this without medical attention and infection had already spread. It was a cool summer night the heatwave had passed and the night was calm... he was so close... he was fighting it so hard 85% immunity that was the night the room grew quiet and Twangus knew she was truly alone. Twangus preping to bury the only man who had liked or maybe even loved her... a growl came from the darkness of the doorway and there stood Petite Ted's Labrador ready to lunge and attack. Twangus defended herself the best she could and won after placing Petite in her bed to recover Twangus curled next to Ted's slightly warm body and awaited the same fate.

John_Bigless

RandomGirl

Saddest one I had was last night. Primarily because of the little backstory I made up for her in my head...

My colonists were busy working, digging out tunnels under the giant mountain we called Olympus, etc, when they got the bleep alerting them to a crashed survival pod. Two of them grabbed their weapons and armor and headed out to investigate. Once there, they found a rather large panther starting to move in to gnaw on the downed surviver. A few shots, and it was gone, and they discovered the survivor was a 20 year old girl. Hauling her back to the colony, they had to fend off another over-eager panther who was drawn by the scent of blood.

Once there, a bit battered and bleeding themselves, they took the girl to the med-bay and started up triage, led by our fearless, one-eyed doctor whose long and consonant-rich name nobody bothered to remember, so they just called him "Doc". It turns out that the girl was one of those vat-grown types, created for the express purpose of being a slave. And after doing that for a while, when she finally started to mature, they sold her as a sex-slave to some other people.

She remained immobile for the week or so she was in the med-bay, slipping in and out of consciousness, while Doc chatted with her during her moments of lucidity. Turns out that the last bastard she'd been sold to had gotten a bit violent for her tastes, and she'd punched him in the face in a momentary act of defiance. So, she was sold to an even more violent man, who was going to work her to death. While en route to the new planet, the ship suffered a massive malfunction, and she ended up getting to a lifepod and fired off in stasis, landing on the planet where our colonists were.

Despite Doc's herculean efforts, she didn't make it, and ended up dying. She was given a dignified burial, and her tombstone marked with a simple statement: "Ellie. Born a slave. Died a free woman."

linkfanpc

A while ago i had a colony where two people, John, and some woman who i can't remember the name of, got married. The woman eventually got one kidney shot out in a raid, and a bit later, got and infection.

Poor John...his wife died of the infection at 99% immunity.
I was gonna put a smart-guy quote here but i couldn't think of one so here's a stick dude.
\o
|\
/ \