[A17] [All Helpful Bots Mods] Realistic Darkness [&Lighter V]

Started by Helpful Bot, August 10, 2016, 03:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should eclipses be more of a scary negative event where it becomes the darkest type of event/weather?

Yes, Eclipses should be the darkest event/weather
Yes, eclipses should be slightly darker than night
(This means no change) No, eclipses should be as dark as a normal clear night
No, eclipses should be slightly lighter than a normal clear night
No, eclipses should be only 30% darker than normal DAYlight

Helpful Bot

Kavern are you the one or one of the ones I promised to do this for but never did? I'd like to say that I'm very sorry about that. My pseudo-OCD makes this kinda stuff pretty damn time consuming and frustrating thanks to the size limits on attachments. I have to hand-create new images for each mod so that it will fit. Its completely unnecessary but that's just me. I also don't like having too many place to look for feedback, things slip through the cracks that way. Anyways... Again, so sorry for how long it took me to do this.

kaptain_kavern

Hey no problems, it wasn't me :P

Have things your way buddy ;-)

Soupy Delicious

Quote from: Helpful Bot on June 06, 2017, 06:12:01 PM
Okay guys, before I upload A17 on here be aware. IF YOU WANT ME TO SEE A COMMENT, PUT IT ON STEAM WORKSHOP OR SEND ME A MESSAGE. Its not that I won't check here, its that i'm not likely to. Anyways, without further do, I'll be plaing the updated versions here in a few moments.

I widened my eyes when I saw that this mod existed.  It sounds pretty intense.  Are you familiar with the Real Fog of War mod?  That's the only mod I use that I can imagine might be incompatible with this (it changes how darkness affects pawns, but then your changes are only aesthetic asides from the snow and rain modifiers - thats what Im wondering about)

Edit: if both mods don't affect the same defs, then does that simply mean that they're compatible?  Because if so, my question is answered and I'm about to have some seriously scary times I wasnt expecting in rimworld.

Helpful Bot

Hey soupy. Short answer is I haven't a clue since I haven't seen the Real Fog Of War mod. If his mod plays with how lighting and weather APPEARS then yes they probably will conflict. However, if he plays with just how light AFFECTS pawns, then no they probably wont conflict. Best thing to do is just put them together, turn on dev mode and see if they play nice. If nights aren't darker or something in their mod doesn't seem to be working then there's a conflict. My mod slightly changes some weather effects but its all contained in the same def file.

Soupy Delicious

As far as I can see it works awright :D  Im going to link you the mod, because this shit is an intense combo.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28938.0

Thanks, man

Helpful Bot

laokangz2

the attachment file not the V5 version, could you upload the newest on this form as an attachment

blabla bot

Could you upload the most recent version of your mods?
The B18 version?

mazacik

Herro, can you update the non-steam download? I don't like using steam to download mods :-/

SzQ

3 minutes in google
http://lttlword.ru/rimworld-mod-realistic-darkness
Here is download link if blyatphabet you can't read.
http://lttlword.ru/download/rimworld/Mods/Realistic_darkness/B18/Realistic_Darkness.zip

Some pretty interesting mods might be out there.
http://lttlword.ru/category/rimworld/mody
(English version at top of the site but there is much less mods in it)

Btw, this mod is great.

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

Spetse

would love to check out these mods, but the non steam download is outdated and steam only is a deal breaker.

Karllawrenz

Zalheras

can we get an updated version for 1.0 of this? i'd really like to try this mod

Beathrus

Quote from: Zalheras on December 20, 2018, 01:58:24 PM
can we get an updated version for 1.0 of this? i'd really like to try this mod

Ye! We need it!