[Request] controll raid size and frequency

Started by frejo793, August 10, 2016, 03:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frejo793

Is there anyone who could create a mod that let you choose max/min raid size and days when to be raided. And then take a random value between those numbers or depending on wealth or like the current system, but have a max raider size.

Something like this

Raider
Max:[number]
Min:[number]

Days
Max:[number]
Min:[number]

this is manly because right now I get one raid every season with 50+ raiders.

kaptain_kavern

Nope; the only mods than change raid rules i'm aware of are done in C#

robotguy4

I think the closest you could get to this without DLL mods is by making a new/modifying the storyteller's XML files, but that wouldn't change how random things are, AFAIK, which is what it sounds like you're suggesting.

frejo793

So I guess this would require quite some programming to do. I was hoping it would work by changing the existing event, e.g what calculate the raid size and time. But I guess moding is never easy.

I guess I have to wait for something to change, as the massive 40+ raiders are extremely boring to handle.

Tapkevich

You will need to create new event system then. Cuz current is tottaly chance based and you can not rly predict,if not on long run, when bad or good thing may happen. There were caravan sheldue mod, mb you can do same for raid, but....

Overall game will lose part of her charm, cuz this unpredictables is something we love RW for.

Grishnerf

i also like to get raided permanently/all the time.

You can edit 2 Xml-files to adjust the frequency and numbers of raids. open it with Editor/WordPad.

1) ...steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/Mods/Core/Defs/StorytellerDefs -> Storyteller.Xml

search for the storyteller you like and change the values
(example cassandra storyteller) :

<mtbDaysThreatSmall>3.75</mtbDaysThreatSmall>
        <mtbDaysThreatBig>1.25</mtbDaysThreatBig>   
        <threatCycleLength>9.2</threatCycleLength>
        <minDaysBetweenThreatBigs>1.19</minDaysBetweenThreatBigs> 

if you change  mtbDaysThreatBig & minDaysBetweenThreatBigs to 0.3 you will get alot of raids.

2) ...steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/Mods/Core/Defs/DifficultyDefs  -> Difficulties.Xml

search for  :

<enemyReproductionRateFactor>1</enemyReproductionRateFactor>
change the number from 0->1  (basebuilding difficulty has 0.4 enemyReproductionRateFactor for example)

just make backup saves of the xml's and fiddle around yourself with the values, cause if you have extra factions like glittertech/rimsenal then you will be swarmed by all factions.

hope that helps.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

CannibarRechter

> <enemyReproductionRateFactor>1</enemyReproductionRateFactor>

What are you thinking this does? I'm asking, because I had asked about it previously, and someone stated it was associated with insect infestations.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Grishnerf

yeah thats probably true.
i thought it was maybe associated with enemy factions.
never noticed Major changes when i edited the value. but i left it at 1.
never thought more about it.
infestation reproduction sounds right.

but all the other Parameters definitely change the frequency/numbers of raids.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist