Project Sar v. 0.4 - Fallout Series Weapons - A14

Started by Sarelth, August 10, 2016, 03:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarelth

I am trying my hand at xml modding with a basic weapons mod. It's kind of an addon for the Project Fallout mod since I am using Fallout themed items currently. It's a definite WIP, but I figured I would post it to see if anyone could point out my mistakes and what not.

The art is not original, hopefully I can get some better stuff, but since this is more or less just a test of learning, I hope there won't be a problem. There are a few things from the Project Fallout mod in there, they will be removed or replaced when I figured things out.

Edit: thought I would add a list of the current weapons. They still need work, have to customize the stats a bit to balance them out and not have them just be copies of others guns. Wanted to be sure they worked first though.

Guns - .32 pistol, Pipe Pistol, Henrietta (Custom Hunting/lever action Rifle)
Lasers - Institute Pistol, Institute Rifle
Melee - Pool Cue, Fire Hydrant Bat

Dropbox link
Project Sar v0.4

Edit: Think I fixed the formatting.

Sarelth

Oh my, I just went through and found a lot of errors... I must have been a little tired.
Working on fixing them though. Dropbox should be updated right away.

I took out the Pipe Pistol and a few things that were popping errors. Tweaked the stats a little bit on things also.

Mr.Cross

Sounds interesti g however you should put some pictures of what you do have done, maybe a list of possible addons and what not?
Claims to know most things.

Sarelth

Will have some pictures up as soon as I get things working a bit better. Just got a few things from what I made already that will not show up in game for some reason. I am going slowly through the list of weapons I want and finding any other mods that already have them, don't want duplicates all over the place.

Attached are the art pieces I am currently using, but they are temporary ones as they are not mine. Trying to get the 32 pistol and the sword to show up in game, they are not working for some reason. Might be a recipe issue.

Once I get these ones working, I plan on adding:
The Alien Blaster
The Fatman
The Gauss Rifle
The Junk Jet
The Minigun (Think I saw one in another mod though)
The Missile Launcher (Maybe)
The Railway Spike Rifle
The Scoped .44 pistol

Not necessarily in that order.

I will grab a screenshot in game of items also.

Edit:
I noticed in game the Institute Laser PIstol is way to big. Its the same size as the Institute Laser rifle.. Will have to fix that.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Sarelth

Screenshot of the weapons I can get to appear in game.

I can not get the Institute Laser Pistol to be craftable, but I can spawn it in. The .32 Pistol however I can not even get to spawn. Maybe its recipe related, but I will try again tomorrow.

Left to right, first row:
Henrietta, Pool Cue, Fire Hydrant Bat

Left to right: Second row:
Institute Laser Rifle, Institute Laser Pistol (Pic is to big, have to shrink it down), Relentless Raider Sword (Might rename to just Raider sword)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Sarelth

Figured out the 32 pistol issue, it didn't like an & symbol in the label, then I found out I had \ instead of / in the texture path.

All fixed now, just testing to make sure it's gonna work in game.