Taking your animals with you when you leave in the spaceship

Started by DahLliA, August 10, 2016, 06:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DahLliA

So. My girlfriend just finished her first game (built the spaceship).

But when she was gonna take off she noticed that there's no way to take your animals with you.
She felt so bad about this that she left her bonded colonists behind with the animals.

And then she wanted me to post a suggestion to add a way to bring at least some of your animals with you when you leave.

So here I am, suggesting it :P

cultist

It's a popular suggestion. I don't think there is currently a mod that lets you bring animals on the space ship, but I'm sure there will be some day. Or maybe it will make it into the base game.

pauldog7

I agree with your GF. I have just finished my first complete game and even built 5 extra cryptosleep chambers thinking to take a ship's cat and four of my fave animals with me. I couldn't believe I couldn't take any animals with me. There absolutely should be a way to take your animals with you - maybe not a boomrat though ; )

b0rsuk

Are you sure you can't take incapacitated animals to cryosleep caskets ? I know you can even take downed scythers ! But overall I agree.

dragonalumni

You should just make a hat or something and some jerky and take that with you, it's almost the same thing right.

Ruisuki

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 08, 2017, 02:01:31 AM
Are you sure you can't take incapacitated animals to cryosleep caskets ? I know you can even take downed scythers ! But overall I agree.
this was my first thought as well. anyone confirm?

Klomster

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 08, 2017, 07:09:35 AM

And take the risk of killing your beloved animal as you beat the crap out of your beloved pet just so that it is wounded and thus eligible for being in a casket?
I wouldn't want to do that, not even in a game.

RyanRim

Good idea, I got a rabbit farm (not for meals, for joy) and leaving them somewhere deserted place isn't nice. Hoping it to get into game.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

b0rsuk

Quote from: Klomster on March 09, 2017, 06:08:27 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on March 08, 2017, 07:09:35 AM

And take the risk of killing your beloved animal as you beat the crap out of your beloved pet just so that it is wounded and thus eligible for being in a casket?
I wouldn't want to do that, not even in a game.

I agree it's disgusting, but there are ways to guarantee downing without injuries: malnutrition, heatstroke (better than frostbite because no limbs are lost). Operations (anaesthetics), administer certain chemicals.

RyanRim

[/quote]

I agree it's disgusting, but there are ways to guarantee downing without injuries: malnutrition, heatstroke (better than frostbite because no limbs are lost). Operations (anaesthetics), administer certain chemicals.
[/quote]

Chemicals? Lmao, later you get a Hulk Rabbit  ;D

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Xena

b0rsuk

I've found a legitimate way to take animals with you!

Journey to the friendly AI ship (the purple flag on the map). Beware, because you will need utterly ridiculous amount of food, especially if you also have carnivorous animals. In such case I recommend splitting into two caravans: carnivorous, and non-carnivorous. Hay is nice for caravans because it's very light and easy to grow. The most efficient way to feed carnivorous animals are pemmican and kibble. Corn can also be grown quite quickly and eaten raw.

You can also build transport pods to bridge the distance (max: 66 tile I believe). That will cost you a lot of chemfuel, but is optimal for slow moving colonists and animals, and animals with awkward diet.

Be aware that the Big Caravan way is currently very roughly implemented. If you misjudge your food needs and need to make a stop in winter, mechanoids may drop on top of you with inferno cannon (total 3 mechanoids). Or a poison ship may drop right in the middle of your only rice field (5 scythers, 3 centipedes). You better have some way of dealing with that.

But either way, at the end credits your animals are mentioned by name or number among people who left the planet !

PotatoeTater

You can administer smokeleaf until your animals pass out then load them. That was how I took my cats and dogs with me.
Life is Strange

J_Dawg_27

What I have heard but have never tried, is set a euthanization bill for the pets you wish to take then interrupt the surgery.  They should be out cold and can then be placed in a ship crypto casket.

b0rsuk

You're looking at 500 steel, 10 components per every little animal. Don't build the ship, make someone else build it for you.