RimWorld art source

Started by Tynan, March 02, 2014, 06:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on September 20, 2016, 07:42:09 AM
I assumed that meant you did. :P

Youuu know what they say about when you assume!

Arnold Rimmer

[Insert combination of words here]

Shinzy

tommiethegun

Quote from: Nitrodev on September 20, 2016, 05:54:08 AM
There, now everyone should be able to download the textures without having to be a slack member.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kivekk7boegpsw2/RimworldAssetsA15.zip?dl=0

All credit should go to Skullywag as they were the one who extracted to textures.

Awesome! thanks!!!

Master Bucketsmith

Thanks for the A15 pack.

Is there a big difference between having the extracted .dds files vs .png files? Layers or something?

Arnold Rimmer

[Insert combination of words here]

Dingo

Does anybody know how to extract the sound assets? Especially soundtrack, but the others are important as well.

mazacik

I'm trying to overwrite a core texture and it's not working. The texture stays the same.
The path I tried to use: "\Rimworld\Mods\Core\Textures\Things\Pawn\Humanoid\Heads\Male\Male_Average_Normal_back.png"
Should I place the texture somewhere else? Do I need to do something differently?

kaptain_kavern

Have you tried without ".png"?

Edit : without "_back.png" even. Sorry

I mean, when it's for building or animals my texPath look like that : <texPath>Things/Pawn/Animal/Cougar/Cougar</texPath> (taken from /Core/Defs/ThingDefs_Races/Races_Animal_BigCats.xml)

Edit 2 : You can see some better phrased explanations on the wiki, here

mazacik

It's not a texPath, it's where I put the textures. I don't even have a xml file for it. I've read somewhere you can overwrite core's textures by placing them in \Core\Textures, and that's not working for me.

kaptain_kavern

I'm sorry I have nothing more precise to reply but yes from  my own experiences this doesn't works with all textures. Some will, some don't with this method. I've never been able to noticed why

skullywag

you cant override those without further code, the head graphics are all pulled from that folder on game load as far as I know. Yours might get added to the pot of random choices, but it will not override.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

mazacik

Turns out it does work, at least for some textures. It worked for unifying humanlike pawn head graphics, but I was using a wrong path (should be \Humanlike\ instead of \Humanoid\). Unifying body types was a little trickier, since there's Thin, Fat and Hulk bodytypes that look the same for Males and Females - I just made a .dll mod for that.

humblebundle

Quote from: mazacik on November 17, 2016, 12:05:49 PM
Turns out it does work, at least for some textures. It worked for unifying humanlike pawn head graphics, but I was using a wrong path (should be \Humanlike\ instead of \Humanoid\). Unifying body types was a little trickier, since there's Thin, Fat and Hulk bodytypes that look the same for Males and Females - I just made a .dll mod for that.
You can find the texture/sound path's in:
globalgamemanagers.
Examples:

textures/things/pawn/humanlike/apparel/cowboyhat/cowboyhat
textures/things/pawn/humanlike/heads/female/female_average_normal_back
textures/things/pawn/humanlike/heads/female/female_average_pointy_back
english is not my main language, that should explain a lot...

KEBW1144

I recall a tut somewhere but I cant remember where on how to unpack the art files... Can anyone post a link to it or perhaps a A16 file pack?