RimWorld art source

Started by Tynan, March 02, 2014, 06:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Has no one put the A16 ones up yet... weve had them on the modding discord for a while now. Next alpha someone poke me to remind me:

https://app.box.com/s/g3r0v50k8bs14ew5q4rpqqkljn0mtv1o (thanks to joshwoo this time around)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

KEBW1144

Quote from: skullywag on January 08, 2017, 12:19:09 PM
Has no one put the A16 ones up yet... weve had them on the modding discord for a while now. Next alpha someone poke me to remind me:

https://app.box.com/s/g3r0v50k8bs14ew5q4rpqqkljn0mtv1o (thanks to joshwoo this time around)

Whats the modding discord? Is this some kind of magical land of modders ....

O and thank you by the way.

Cheers!

skullywag

Yes...magical...thats a word...special is another...we are a very VERY special bunch.

Ouzbel

Is there a document with the correct paths for the textures somewhere?  Having problems trying to replace melee weapon textures. Tried Things/Items/Equipment, Things/Items/Equipment/Weapons, Things/Items/Equipment/Weapons/WeaponsMelee.  Saved them as .png

skullywag

You should be copying the core weapon defs out into your own mod and then simply defining the texpath to wherever you have stored them.

Danetta

Can't find a Drill inside those packs.

dburgdorf

OK, the time's come to resurrect this thread.  ;)

I need to be able to work with alpha 17 textures, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get them. I can extract the .dds files from the assets file without any trouble, but every program I try to open them in -- Photoshop ( Elements 8 ), GIMP ( 2.8 ), IrfanView, even Paint -- tells me they're corrupt. What am I missing?

Got it figured out.  ;)

Until there's an "official" source:

A17 Textures.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Petrenko

Heyho,

how about folder-structure?

I'm working on a texture-overhaul.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Shinzy

Quote from: Petrenko on May 05, 2017, 09:07:37 AM
Heyho,

how about folder-structure?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

You may have to construct that on your own by looking at all the texture paths in the xml files
(there may be better ways but I'm not aware of those)

Edit: the OLD texture pack on the very first post does have some folder structure attached to it, which could be helpful to some extent, but I imagine it's changed alot since

keylocke

@dburgdorf : awesome. thanks for this.

tiltos

Quote from: Petrenko on May 05, 2017, 09:07:37 AM

Petrenko it'd be awesome if you can write your process as you go along. I'm also thinking about giving it a texture overhaul but too lazy to commit too much time outside of art.

tiltos

For those who are after it, I've created the folder structure (A17).

You can grab it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0pgvlysxx5hp4b/textures-a17.zip?dl=0

No doubt this will change, and unfortunately I don't see a way to easily update it (it takes ages!)

Petrenko

Where do i put these so they get recognized by the game?

tiltos

You can either put them in /mods/core or create you own mod folder in /mods.

Not all changes will show up in game, as there are different ways that some textures are handle unfortunately. You'll need to either modify Defs or write some dlls :|

Petrenko

Well that's fucked up. Really motivating u.u

Hopefully it will change in a later release, since i'm not competent enough for editing defs or even .dll .