RimWorld art source

Started by Tynan, March 02, 2014, 06:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: tiltos on May 11, 2017, 09:12:52 AM
You can either put them in /mods/core or create you own mod folder in /mods.

Not all changes will show up in game, as there are different ways that some textures are handle unfortunately. You'll need to either modify Defs or write some dlls :|

Have you got any examples of which changes won't show up?
In the case of randomized textures (like the new ruined lamp posts for example) the texture path is referring to a folder of that name, instead of the .png file (the randomized textures are all dumped inside that folder and their name won't matter none)

also the texture paths are very sensitive about things like uppercase letters and so. It's good to double check everything incase something isn't showing up ingame

tiltos

It seems to be hit and miss zhinsy. I don't quite get the logic - and I haven't played with randomised textures yet. Things like brick walls, which you would think are straight forward, need def updates. Pawns heads need a dll. I'm playing with bodies at the moment, and without an Assembly change all but the 'thin' body displays.

As I go through the textures over time, happy to document it. Ideally Tynan would updated texture handling to be a simple core->mod path override (same paths, different ancestor folders).

Petrenko

"Ideally Tynan would updated texture handling to be a simple core->mod path override (same paths, different ancestor folders)."

This please! :)

Xnope

Quote from: Petrenko on May 16, 2017, 11:02:44 AM
"Ideally Tynan would updated texture handling to be a simple core->mod path override (same paths, different ancestor folders)."

This please! :)

I think it would be less efficient... could be wrong. I think it would be fantastic though, perhaps even just as a mod you can pick up as a sort of modder's resource. I've had a witch-hunt of a time trying to decompile the base resources.assets file, glad to have found this post.
My W.I.P. mods:
Carnivale: GitHub | Forum Post
XnopeCore: GitHub

milon

Distman

Quote from: tiltos on May 09, 2017, 11:10:34 PM
For those who are after it, I've created the folder structure (A17).

You can grab it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0pgvlysxx5hp4b/textures-a17.zip?dl=0

No doubt this will change, and unfortunately I don't see a way to easily update it (it takes ages!)

Thanks mister!

jabbamonkey

Quote from: tiltos on May 09, 2017, 11:10:34 PM
For those who are after it, I've created the folder structure (A17).

You can grab it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0pgvlysxx5hp4b/textures-a17.zip?dl=0

No doubt this will change, and unfortunately I don't see a way to easily update it (it takes ages!)

Tried download it, and it didn't work (error downloading file). Is the file outdated, moved or corrupt?

kaptain_kavern

Hey jabba ! It's good seeing you here again ;-)

I'm still a fan of your retexturing and still using it

If the link is still dead and no one post it again, I will. As soon as i'am at home

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

jabbamonkey

The link wasn't working the last half hour. Tried it again, and now it works. Prob a glitch somewhere.

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 01, 2017, 09:46:35 AM
Hey jabba ! It's good seeing you here again ;-)

I'm still a fan of your retexturing and still using it

If the link is still dead and no one post it again, I will. As soon as i'am at home

Hey kaptain_kavern,
Been busy with work, and starting a few businesses. There were also so many updates in a row, and I got fed up with having to redo so many things each time. Now that the game is further along, I'm thinking of redoing some of the graphics again...

jabbamonkey

Are the dimensions off with the source images? I created a bunch of artwork (using the source image as a template), but the images seem "squished" when they are placed in the game.

For example, I created the attached Nutrient Dispenser ... but it looks like the width is squished, so the image looks taller than it's supposed to be...

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

skullywag

Textures will pay attentiom to the <drawsize> value in the xml that defines them. Its probable the texture is being increased in one direction more than the other.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

jabbamonkey

Are all of these graphics correct? Meaning, the file names and paths? I tried replacing some of the UI graphics, but many aren't being noticed by the game.

Specifically...
1. Install - \Textures\UI\Commands\Install.png
2. Reinstall At... \Textures\UI\Commands\Install.png
3. Forbid,  or Allow Sowing - \Textures\UI\Commands\Forbidden.png
4. Hold Open - \Textures\UI\Commands\HoldOpen.png
5. Chop Wood (this shows when you go to the menu, but doesn't show when I click a tree). -
\Textures\UI\Designators\HarvestWood.png
6. Gather Spot - \Textures\UI\Commands\GatherSpotActive.png
7. Draft  - \Textures\UI\Commands\Draft.png
Also, many of the MAP ui icons...
9. Form Caravan  - \Textures\UI\Commands\FormCaravan.png
10. Abandon Home  - \Textures\UI\Commands\AbandonHome.png
11. ZoomIn  - \Textures\UI\Commands\ShowMap.png
12. Merge Caravans  - \Textures\UI\Commands\MergeCaravans.png
13. Split Caravans  - \Textures\UI\Commands\SplitCaravan.png
14. Settle  - \Textures\UI\Commands\Settle.png

jabbamonkey

Anyone around? (Hate to bump, but it's been a few days)

jabbamonkey

Still having the problems below...

In addition, I recently replaced the GroundPenetratingScanner.png image (based on the image name and location in the SOURCE textures). The image just shows up as a black square (the image is a PNG image with no problems).

???

Getting difficult to modify graphics...