RimWorld art source

Started by Tynan, March 02, 2014, 06:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larSyn

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on December 03, 2017, 01:21:40 PM
Darkfire231 made another pack like this, more complete.

Found it here

Thanks for linking this kaptain!  This is going to be very useful.  Love that it has all the sounds and text in it.

Deer87

Awesome.

Another script kiddie question:
Im shamelessly juryrigging other mods to make Alliance and Independence facions (firefly style).
Would it be easier to open the duster .pgn and paint it brown, or would it be more adviceable to write an xml bit that instructs the program to give it the right shade?
If so, some advice on how to write (or find) said code bit would be much appreciated :)

larSyn

Quote from: Deer87 on January 03, 2018, 03:38:39 AMWould it be easier to open the duster .pgn and paint it brown, or would it be more adviceable to write an xml bit that instructs the program to give it the right shade?
If so, some advice on how to write (or find) said code bit would be much appreciated :)

There's a couple ways to do this. The textures work by mulitplying the clothing image and color of the fabric, so recoloring the duster would mess up how it works with other fabrics.  So, first, you could make an xml and a custom brown duster texture to go along with it.

Example #1
<ThingDef ParentName="ApparelMakeableBase">
    <defName>firefly_Browncoat</defName>
    <description>Mal's badass jacket.</description>
    <label>browncoat</label>
    <recipeMaker>
      <researchPrerequisite>ComplexClothing</researchPrerequisite>
    </recipeMaker>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/*your path here*/firefly_Browncoat</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
    </graphicData>
    etc

Or you can make an xml using the vanilla duster texture with the color set to a brown.

Example #2<ThingDef ParentName="ApparelMakeableBase">
    <defName>firefly_Browncoat</defName>
    <description>Mal's badass jacket.</description>
    <label>browncoat</label>
    <recipeMaker>
      <researchPrerequisite>ComplexClothing</researchPrerequisite>
    </recipeMaker>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/Duster/Duster</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
      <color>(75,50,30)</color>
    </graphicData>
    etc

Either way you will want to make a new recipe, and remove the stuff categories (or it will still try to multiply the colors) for a cost list. Also, you beat me to this...I was thinking of making a Firefly mod next. :)

Deer87

@ larSyn

Thanks a ton :)

No worries, as said, im a total script kiddie messing with existing code, so i have absolutly no idea on when it would be finished, so mod ahead, we can always try comparing ideas and such :D

The-Eroks

No credit for me (I'm just reposting from the Discord)

Rimworld B18 Default Texture Files with Paths:

https://github.com/Alias44/b18-Textures/

Credit goes to @dianne for sharing and @Alias for the work in making the directory; and I guess also @DæmonĐeathAngel for pinning the share of the directory on the discord  ::)

pablo603

Quote from: The-Eroks on April 17, 2018, 09:24:05 PM
No credit for me (I'm just reposting from the Discord)

Rimworld B18 Default Texture Files with Paths:

https://github.com/Alias44/b18-Textures/

Credit goes to @dianne for sharing and @Alias for the work in making the directory; and I guess also @DæmonĐeathAngel for pinning the share of the directory on the discord  ::)

Thank you

kchou94

-----

I know 1.0 is still in development, but I've noticed some assets have been changed since 0.18.  I've done my best to extract them.

You can find them here: https://github.com/kchou94/rimworld-assets

If anyone at Ludeon has an issue with me hosting this, please send me an email!

SargBjornson

Quote from: kchou94 on July 04, 2018, 05:47:02 PM

How did you do it? I have tried Unity Assets Reader but it doesn't seem to work on my laptop, it just freezes... One of the last updates featured individual dead graphics for all animals and I can't properly update Genetic Rim without them :(

JessiBeau

So many useful assets! Does anyone happen to have the immature cocoa tree graphic?
Learning to mod. My eyeballs hurt.

Kirby23590

-----

I know 1.0 is still in development, but I've noticed some assets have been changed since 0.18.  I've done my best to extract them.

If anyone at Ludeon has an issue with me hosting this, please send me an email!

Do you have a latest update of it?

I would like to update some of the graphics of it for my mod i'm making, i would like to get the latest version of the Heavy SMG and modify it to my liking and borrowing some graphics for a mod that's mostly WIP and a secret. though i'm always lazy and never finished it...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

QuantumX

Has anybody got the B19 Graphic Assets extracted?

Kirby23590

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

randolphcherrypepper

Thanks. I couldn't find any reference to how the apparel file names changed other than an error message in game. Parsing through these assets helped me understand the new file name structure.

For others: _front is now _north, _back is now _south, _side is now _east. It might support west, I didn't look that close. I might have switched north/south but for my mod it doesn't matter.