RimWorld art source

Started by Tynan, March 02, 2014, 06:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabbamonkey

Is there a version of the CORE ART (v1.0), with the folder structures in place?  Trying to get back to retexturing the game, but having to go through the def files is a pain (and, in some cases, doesn't work).

Kirby23590

Quote from: jabbamonkey on December 14, 2018, 07:05:03 PM
Is there a version of the CORE ART (v1.0), with the folder structures in place?  Trying to get back to retexturing the game, but having to go through the def files is a pain (and, in some cases, doesn't work).

Here...

Quote from: swampslug on September 09, 2018, 02:02:23 PM
Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b53d1ttx990jeht/Rimworld%20Art%20B19.zip?dl=1

It might be B19, but i think it has all of it since v1.0 didn't mostly modify anything in it's textures...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

jabbamonkey

Quote from: Kirby23590 on January 09, 2019, 09:52:27 PM
Here...

Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b53d1ttx990jeht/Rimworld%20Art%20B19.zip?dl=1

It might be B19, but i think it has all of it since v1.0 didn't mostly modify anything in it's textures...

That is most of the graphics (not all), but there is no folder structure or organization showing the texture paths (they are all in one folder).

Kirby23590

Quote from: jabbamonkey on January 11, 2019, 04:31:52 PM
That is most of the graphics (not all), but there is no folder structure or organization showing the texture paths (they are all in one folder).

There's something like Unity Assets Viewers programs that you find in Google in some websites... Just careful of which website you enter...

It's a pain in the butt to know about the folder structures of the texture paths for the graphics, it might be a ton of guessing games trying know each of it... Without a 3rd Party tool, that views the unity resource asset files that shows you the folders and how they are structured...

generalavispa

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but is there a more recent art source? I am trying to get the feel for Rimworld art while I am modding and would like to be able to look at all the current art.

Kirby23590

Quote from: generalavispa on March 12, 2019, 09:43:35 PM
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but is there a more recent art source? I am trying to get the feel for Rimworld art while I am modding and would like to be able to look at all the current art.

Try this link down here...

Sure it's B19, but i think it has all of it since v1.0 didn't mostly modify anything in it's textures, so i feel that's the full art of it...

generalavispa

Tynan

I've updated the graphics to those from version 1.0.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

SargBjornson

Quote from: Tynan on June 03, 2019, 06:34:19 AM
I've updated the graphics to those from version 1.0.

Thanks, man. Much appreciated

Trallhatt

Why can't i change the textures in Textures\World\Hills ?

Whatever i do to these textures (the mountains/hills on the worldmap) they don't change in-game. I can change the textures in Textures\World\Biomes without problems..

I'm doing a more "realistic" (more detailed) overhaul of the world map (textures used from the actual maps in the game) so i want to be able to change these. i'm thinking these textures perhaps have moved to another location as of late so this textures/hills folder is something old or perhaps just wrong (naming or location).

Pangaea

Quote from: Tynan on March 02, 2014, 06:47:58 PM
I've posted the original art source for all Things in RimWorld. Here it is:

For version 1.0:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7i4j55muyscdo1/RimWorld-1.0-ArtSource.zip?dl=0

This has all the original PSD files for all objects and characters in the game. Textures folder is the original file structure from the game, while outside that is some extra art source.

Wow!! How did I not see this earlier. Took time to extract everything and then converting the images, and of course that was without a folder structure, which I then had to try to recreate. This would have helped a lot. But water under the bridge.

One thing I wonder about though, as I didn't see them in here either: Is it possible to get images of animals, stoneblocks and such with the correct textures? The files here are 'clean', and I assume the game will then put the right colours on them. For the wiki, though, it would have been useful to have the correct colours so that bears and such look like the in-game version, and not a white one.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Kirby23590

The Animals are mostly uncolored in the Images, but they appeared colored in game.

Where the Grizzly Gears have their fur brown in-game. And the Polar bear reuses the Bear images except slightly modified color graphics in-game.

Here are the codes for the Grizzly and the Polar Bear.
<color>(112,82,65)</color> --- Grizzly

<color>(180,180,180)</color> --- Polar
I'm assuming that the numbers like that are R,G,B... But the problem is that getting the image the correct color outside of the game for the image and sprite with Photoshop or GIMP.

Pangaea

Quote from: Kirby23590 on August 02, 2019, 05:09:57 AM
The Animals are mostly uncolored in the Images, but they appeared colored in game.

Where the Grizzly Gears have their fur brown in-game. And the Polar bear reuses the Bear images except slightly modified color graphics in-game.

I'm assuming that the numbers like that are R,G,B... But the problem is that getting the image the correct color outside of the game for the image and sprite with Photoshop or GIMP.

After writing that post I noticed the colour tags in the files. But as you say, the problem is then to colour the images the right way, and this must be done automatically as I'm not about to do that manually for hundreds upon hundreds of files. But I can't see a way to actually achieve it. Have looked at CSS tricks such as filters, gradient and overlays, but I haven't found anything online yet that would pull it off.

So probably best to just ignore it and use the plain white-ish images.

Jimyoda

Quote from: Pangaea on August 02, 2019, 09:18:13 AM
Quote from: Kirby23590 on August 02, 2019, 05:09:57 AM

After writing that post I noticed the colour tags in the files. But as you say, the problem is then to colour the images the right way, and this must be done automatically as I'm not about to do that manually for hundreds upon hundreds of files. But I can't see a way to actually achieve it. Have looked at CSS tricks such as filters, gradient and overlays, but I haven't found anything online yet that would pull it off.

So probably best to just ignore it and use the plain white-ish images.

I've converted and uploaded several of the uncolored images to a colorized version. Used Paint.NET. The trick is setting the opacity slider when coloring it in. Then adjusting tolerance for the color filling and tweaking the color to best match the in-game graphic. It's fairly simple to do, but can take a bit of time to get it just right, but the results are worth it.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

jamessimo

Anyone had a chance to pull all the latest Royalty DLC art assets yet? Need to update my Rimmap viewer for the new DLC.