RimWorld art source

Started by Tynan, March 02, 2014, 06:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

Hey I'm using PSD-Viewer but the pictures are mostly incomplete or not shown at all. Which programm should I use?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Rikiki

Paint.net with the PSD plugin is definitely very good to look at and modify .psd images.

Maybe some of the layers are not checked so you don't see them.

Gabriel_Braun

Gimp is awesome and as well as being free has many community plugins that match or even surpass the commonly known 'premier' packages ;)

longbyte1

Or you can use IrfanView with the PSD plugin and just batch convert all of the images to PNG.

Telkir

Now that A7 is out could we get another update to the art resource downloads, pretty please?

Ykara

Yep, I need that devilstrand texture for a mod ^^

Igabod

Quote from: Telkir on October 02, 2014, 09:40:08 AM
Now that A7 is out could we get another update to the art resource downloads, pretty please?
I agree with this question. Need A7 art.

Shinzy

What all the above posters say! this has been very very very useful in the past!

Renham

tynan, im in the need of the new textures, im right now working on the texture pack new version.
if you can imagine it I can build it with pixels.
if I cant well then imagine something else.

Telkir

Sorry to nag about it but an update on the art assets would be hugely helpful to us modders if you could spare the time.

For me the main reason is that it's not very easy to understand the layout of the "stuff" graphics system, e.g. different coloured bed frames based on the material used to build them. I guess some kind of mask image is involved?...

Shinzy

Quote from: Telkir on December 12, 2014, 11:17:48 AM
Sorry to nag about it but an update on the art assets would be hugely helpful to us modders if you could spare the time.

For me the main reason is that it's not very easy to understand the layout of the "stuff" graphics system, e.g. different coloured bed frames based on the material used to build them. I guess some kind of mask image is involved?...

There is a mask image involved! Mrofster solved that thing ages past! you could check clutter to see how they work (or the thread he made in I think the help thread? I'm too exhausted to go hunt the thread right noow ;D The best excuse

But I want to nag abou updating the assets too! You're not alone Telly!

Edit: I mean not that I know hooow much the graphic thing changed stuff around in alpha 8 ;D
not at all sure if the masks still work the same way they did in a7

Telkir

Thanks Shinzy, I found that thread - over here if anyone else also needs it. Very helpful, though it doesn't quite solve the problem of being able to match the colours exactly with vanilla graphics, which I'm kinda fussy about. :) Trial and error ahoy!

Kida

Is anyone able to tell me where to texture files for the floors/surfaces are located?
I seem to be incapable of finding them  :'(.

Cactus

I am going to have to be that guy and request the sources too.

Kubouch

Is there any way I can find clothing textures? I'd like to modify a few of them and I want the result to be as close to vanilla as possible.