RimWorld art source

Started by Tynan, March 02, 2014, 06:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: Kubouch on January 09, 2015, 02:47:21 PM
Is there any way I can find clothing textures? I'd like to modify a few of them and I want the result to be as close to vanilla as possible.
They're in there! although tucked away in Things/Pawn/Humanoid/Apparel
not the first place I'd look either ;D
(They're missing the parka but that's cause Ty don't wanan update the assets.. like he has anything better to do *hmph*)

Kubouch

Quote from: Shinzy on January 09, 2015, 03:05:09 PM
Is there any way I can find clothing textures? I'd like to modify a few of them and I want the result to be as close to vanilla as possible.
(They're missing the parka but that's cause Ty don't wanan update the assets.. like he has anything better to do *hmph*)

Allright, thanks :-D.

A few quick questions:
The texture appearing when unequipped on a floor is the *_Male_front.png?
There are some metadata. Are they important?
Colors are assigned by the stuff system based on the material I guess, right?

I have no experience with it so please pardon me :-D.

Shinzy

Quote from: Kubouch on January 09, 2015, 03:15:27 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on January 09, 2015, 03:05:09 PM

Allright, thanks :-D.

A few quick questions:
The texture appearing when unequipped on a floor is the *_Male_front.png?
There are some metadata. Are they important?
Colors are assigned by the stuff system based on the material I guess, right?

I have no experience with it so please pardon me :-D.
Thou art pardoned, friend!

And no the item on floor has it's own graphic like any other item
it's texture is assigned on it's own separate to the worn texture
so you can have the item look like it's folded or something when it's on ground if you wish!

and colours are derived from the material it uses but only if the item uses stuff
otherwise it'll use the color generator thing
(you could look at the thingdefs in my apparello mod! (Or the core apparel files)
I found it easier to learn thing from looking other peoples mods

imma not blabber more about it in this thread ;D
I love derailing stuff but this thread is devoted for demansing art asset file update
which is far more important

elStrages

I would like to request an update to this in line with alpha 9 release.
Pritty please can we have it Tynan :D

Ykara

Would it be possible to update this for Alpha 9? I need some textures for a mod, so I would really appreciate it ^^

Igabod

Quote from: Ykara on February 20, 2015, 07:44:55 PM
Would it be possible to update this for Alpha 9? I need some textures for a mod, so I would really appreciate it ^^

If you need specific textures I can extract them for you. I don't have time to do all the work to flip the extracted images and save them in a format that is editable by all editors, but I can do a few specific ones if you like.

Ykara

Wow, I'd really appreciate that. I just need the smith table and the two bodypart boxes ^^

Igabod

Quote from: Ykara on February 20, 2015, 08:38:51 PM
Wow, I'd really appreciate that. I just need the smith table and the two bodypart boxes ^^

I don't know of a second bodypart box, could only find the one called Organ. But here ya go.

Ykara

Thanks, you've helped me alot ^^

Igabod

no problem. if you need any others just let me know and I'll post them as soon as I get the chance.

Igabod

I took the time to extract the images from the game using Unity Assets Explorer and put them in a 7z file. I didn't do all the work of flipping the images and saving them as .png so you'll need to do that yourself. Just use your paint.net or gimp or photoshop or whatever to open the *.tex.dds files and then flip vertically.

A9 Rimworld Art Resources Raw Files

Ykara

Quote from: Igabod on February 21, 2015, 05:16:28 PM
I took the time to extract the images from the game using Unity Assets Explorer and put them in a 7z file. I didn't do all the work of flipping the images and saving them as .png so you'll need to do that yourself. Just use your paint.net or gimp or photoshop or whatever to open the *.tex.dds files and then flip vertically.

A9 Rimworld Art Resources Raw Files
Thanks for the effort, this will be very helpful until the official art files are avaible for download ^^

Kirid

I use Gimp, but it won't open any of the files. Always "Unknown file type"
Anything special to do other that open with>gimp ?
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Igabod

Quote from: Kirid on February 24, 2015, 03:55:13 PM
I use Gimp, but it won't open any of the files. Always "Unknown file type"
Anything special to do other that open with>gimp ?

Yeah, you have to download some patch or something to open .dds files on GIMP. I actually use Paint.net to open the files and then save them to something GIMP can open up instead of finding that patch and then figuring out where to install it. Paint.net opens .dds files natively with no problems and you don't have to download and install anything for it.

Ykara

You can get the dds plug in for gimp here. You don't have download paint.net just for opening dds files.