[A14] BuildProductive! - building things made simple

Started by Micktu, August 10, 2016, 01:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micktu

I've had this mod up on workshop for some time, but I think not a lot of people know about it.

The basic idea is that you don't have to dig through menus in order to build new stuff. It lets you order new constructions by copying selected buildings. It also retains temperature settings, etc. for buildings you copy. The full description can be found on the workshop page.

Some of the planned features are:

• Replace material: rebuild something with material of your choice. Good for updating walls.
  • Target quality: rebuild until you manage to produce something of quality of your choice. Good for beds.
  • Walls into stone: order to mine out stone and replace it with a wall.
It's also pretty experimental as it makes use of some advanced dark magic instead of CCL to do its work. So if it happens to crash on you, please tell me when it did and what operating system you're on.

Links for version 0.30:

CannibarRechter

You're working on some items that should be featured in the Core game, man. Get to it! ;-P
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Elysium

This looks pretty useful, I'll have to try it out.

Lumaan

Quote from: Elysium on August 10, 2016, 02:01:51 PM
This looks pretty useful, I'll have to try it out.
It's useful, but hard to get use to *Habit of having to go into the menu to get what you need to build is hard to shake off*

Great mod  8)

Micktu

Quote from: Lumaan on August 10, 2016, 05:02:49 PMhard to get use to *Habit of having to go into the menu

Ha,  I noticed this as well.  8)

SynsPlayground

will definately be giving a good ole test run, seems very usefull.

Edit #1 peliminary testing seems to work perfectly as described so far, next will be testing with objects from other mods to see how well it works and if it can work with other non-vanila things  :)

Edit #2 after alot of testing with about 70 or so other mods it has been completely compatable with everything! I have yet to run into any mod this will not work with.  I look forward to seeing the updates completed they also seem very useful, this seems like something that needs to definately be in the base game *hint hint* ;)
Sadism Isnt All Fun And Games, At Least Not For You, I'm Having A Ball! -A Sadist You've Never Seen(Syns)

CJoker3221

Need to restart for this? Or can just play with regular save? :D
Edit: Got it! Also, looking forward to the replace material thing :D

Micktu

Quote from: CJoker3221 on August 10, 2016, 11:27:08 PM
Need to restart for this? Or can just play with regular save? :D
Edit: Got it! Also, looking forward to the replace material thing :D

No need to restart, it does not affect saves at the moment. It will, but still there will be no need to restart.

Micktu

Quote from: SynsPlayground on August 10, 2016, 08:53:17 PM
will definately be giving a good ole test run, seems very usefull.

Edit #1 peliminary testing seems to work perfectly as described so far, next will be testing with objects from other mods to see how well it works and if it can work with other non-vanila things  :)

Big thanks for deep testing! Theoretically it should work well with whatever other mods do.

Also, it's not in the description, but you can copy planned and unfinished buildings as well. And if these have settings to be applied, they also get copied. Copy of a copy of a copy...

Oragepoilu

I'v added this to my (extended) list of active mods, and so far no problems. Stuff can be copied fine.

Serenity

Sounds very good. Replacing walls with another material is certainly something I've been missing