[Mod] (Alpha 5/6) The Pyromaniac Modpack

Started by Dr. Z, July 09, 2014, 04:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

axenn

Dr Z, i did that at the begining but with more than 100 ennemies attacking (i can't count..) with many waves i have no time to haul all the weapons between the attacks. And i can't construct quickly a wall in the security area in cas of attack to push ennemies to move (mechanoids with too much range for example).

Thanks !

Nice Idea Punishr but i think this is better to have both possibilities. With more than 6000 silver i'm ok for a long time traders comes rarely.

PunisheR007

True, but when you can sell them for money, wouldn't you want money instead?.
Anyways, i have worked out how to get all the clothes into the traders, i will release my "Traders have Clothing"
very shortly. Just need to finish it, if Dr Z wants we can merge our mods together :).

Also i think it would be cool to be able to purchase clothes from traders, so you can outfit your colonists with the latest in fashion lol,
without waiting for someone to strip. I think i might start making clothing for colonists too.

PunisheR007

I took my Traders have Clothing mod down. cause when you buy some clothing, you cannot put it on your colonist.
More stuff needs to be defined in xml.

Dr. Z

Quote from: PunisheR007 on July 27, 2014, 06:16:46 AM
I took my Traders have Clothing mod down. cause when you buy some clothing, you cannot put it on your colonist.

To make clothing tradeable you would have to turn it into resources, but if the game handles them as resources, they aren't clothing anymore (obvious).

Quote from: PunisheR007 on July 27, 2014, 03:39:59 AM
Also i think it would be cool to be able to purchase clothes from traders, so you can outfit your colonists with the latest in fashion

Originally, I wanted to give the traders a low chance of having armor you could purchase.

Quote from: PunisheR007 on July 27, 2014, 03:39:59 AM
True, but when you can sell them for money, wouldn't you want money instead?.

Agree, selling them was the idea of this mod, burning them should only be the alternative if there's no trader for a long time or you want to get rid of them right now.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Dr. Z

Quote from: axenn on July 27, 2014, 03:06:58 AM
Dr Z, i did that at the begining but with more than 100 ennemies attacking (i can't count..) with many waves i have no time to haul all the weapons between the attacks. And i can't construct quickly a wall in the security area in cas of attack to push ennemies to move (mechanoids with too much range for example).

It isn't really a priority to burn tribal weapons, so I suggest waiting for a short period of peace to get rid of them.
Prasie the Squirrel!

axenn

Actually this is a priority but i'm at years 2, so this must be for this. it's true it's nice to sell, i will continue to do as it possible, and burn the rest. I will install your new mod now, i had a hard step to pass with 12 centipede and many little beside with only basics turrets. I had to swap beetween grenades, trap with goat, new walls to force to come nearest etc....

PunisheR007

Quote from: Dr. Z on July 27, 2014, 06:25:34 AM

To make clothing tradeable you would have to turn it into resources, but if the game handles them as resources, they aren't clothing anymore (obvious).

ya thats it, thats what i figured.

Dr. Z

Regarding Alpha 6: Burn clothing is now a vanilla feature. However I will upload a new version for those who want to burn tribal weapons soon. For the clothing trader, you'll have to wait for Alpha 7, I'm afraid.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Dr. Z

Prasie the Squirrel!