[MOD] (Alpha 3) Turret Package (v.1.4)

Started by Kilroy232, March 03, 2014, 01:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilroy232

Quote from: BattleFate on March 14, 2014, 01:23:31 PM
Hey Kilroy, why'd you take away the grenade turret? :)

HAHA!, I figured that monster did more harm then good :p
I would be happy to bring it back if you would like, it would not be hard to do

BattleFate

I didn't see a problem with it. It's kind of like a last line of defense. If you didn't want to put it back I was going to put it in myself. :) But if you want to toss it back in, I'd like it.

Kilroy232

I would he happy to put it back in, I will try to lake that happen tonight

lordgiza

I found a problem with your mod. The line on the incendiaryturretweapon file in defs that reads:
<texturePath>Projectile/ChargeSmall_Red</texturePath>
Should be:
<texturePath>Projectiles/ChargeSmall_Red</texturePath>

Kilroy232

Quote from: lordgiza on March 16, 2014, 07:05:28 PM
I found a problem with your mod. The line on the incendiaryturretweapon file in defs that reads:
<texturePath>Projectile/ChargeSmall_Red</texturePath>
Should be:
<texturePath>Projectiles/ChargeSmall_Red</texturePath>

Thanks, I will fix that asap

EDIT: I have uploaded a new version of the mod that fixes the texture issue and added the grenade turret back into the game for those who missed it

murlocdummy

You really ought to upload your mod onto a place like Rimworld Nexus.  It makes it easier to find these mods and download them.

Kilroy232

Quote from: murlocdummy on March 21, 2014, 09:39:14 PM
You really ought to upload your mod onto a place like Rimworld Nexus.  It makes it easier to find these mods and download them.

For anyone that would like to see this mod on the Nexus I have created a page for it and I have posted a link to the page in the OP

PunisheR007

I was wondering Kilroy will you be updating this for alpha 3?

Kilroy232

I will be as soon as I can, sorry for any delay. (I am currently writing exams for my second year of university)

I am definitely excited to get working on alpha 3 though, I have some new additions planned out thank I know everyone will enjoy :)
You can expect the update very soon

superpirson

hey! this is a really cool mod! I felt compelled to update the xml files for alpha 3 for myself, so if anyone else wants them they can have them. As far as I can tell it totally works.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
specs: mid2009 MBP OSX 10.9.3 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Kilroy232

Quote from: superpirson on April 11, 2014, 05:29:43 PM
hey! this is a really cool mod! I felt compelled to update the xml files for alpha 3 for myself, so if anyone else wants them they can have them. As far as I can tell it totally works.

Thank you very much for doing that :D
I promise I will have an update within the next few days with new features

superpirson

whoops, screwed up the textures! sorry! this one will work better. I will edit the original post as well...

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
specs: mid2009 MBP OSX 10.9.3 NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

jamieg

wasnt happy missing this out of the mod pack due to compatibility ;) but get me an updated version and ill put it in there :D
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Kilroy232

Quote from: jamieg on April 12, 2014, 06:29:12 AM
wasnt happy missing this out of the mod pack due to compatibility ;) but get me an updated version and ill put it in there :D

Well I am happy to be able to tell you thank I have updated the files to run in alpha 3 and as a bonus i have added new textures and a new firing sound to the Sniper Turret.
I invite anyone and everyone to download it and give it a go, as always I would love opinion and ideas from anyone.

Thank you for the support and enjoy!

Cala13er

Quote from: Kilroy232 on April 12, 2014, 02:54:09 PM
Quote from: jamieg on April 12, 2014, 06:29:12 AM

Well I am happy to be able to tell you thank I have updated the files to run in alpha 3 and as a bonus i have added new textures and a new firing sound to the Sniper Turret.
I invite anyone and everyone to download it and give it a go, as always I would love opinion and ideas from anyone.

Thank you for the support and enjoy!

Some really good turrets! So good I wish they were a part of Industrial RIM :P. Good work.