[MOD] (Alpha 7) Workplaces (1.7.0 / 01.10.2014)

Started by Haplo, March 03, 2014, 05:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thoranius

It's an easy enough fix, I just added <li>Gun_Pump Shotgun</li> in the line just under all 3 instances of <li>Gun_M-16Rifle</li> under the smelt medium weapons section of the Recipe_Blacksmith_Weapons.xml file in the Recipedefs folder of the mod, and it seems to have done the trick.

I also added Molotovs to the grenade list as a means to get rid of them without having to trade or destroy them, but I wasn't confident enough at modding to attempt adding a whole new category for them. The grenades make sense giving metal when dismantled, but the Molotovs would be nice in a separate category for dismantling them for 20 or so silver, much like the secondary product from dismantling grenades. Or, they could go in a whole different category, with no output other than experience for dismantling them. The low-grade tribal weapons would also fit nicely into that category, without having to rely on the burn-pile method to keep the map nice and tidy.

Haplo

Thank you for the suggestions.
I've added them to the new version along with the bugfix.  ;D

Dark-Noir

Can anyone make a compatible mod for Project Armory (v.2.00) ?

Haplo

Yes, if you want, you can do that. :)
Or if you mean, if I would do that: Maybe. It depends on my free time..

Thoranius

Thanks Haplo, I'm glad it worked. Any idea how you are going to mesh your mod with the new core version of metal slag refining?

Haplo

Not sure yet.
The alpha 4 version will need a few basic changes, but I'll have to think about it a bit.
Maybe an Integration of the blacksmith with the official smelter, but I'm not to sure about it right now.
There are a few more things, that need to be addressed when alpha 4 is here. But it's still a while from now, so I have a bit of time, yet.

We'll see, we'll see :)

scatterlogical

Quote from: Dark-Noir on April 28, 2014, 11:17:30 AM

Done! (kinda.)

Just knocked this together quickly - it only allows for you to melt down PA weapons, not build them (that's a much bigger project to add that).

It's also just a dirty file replacement, overwrite Workplaces\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipe_Blacksmith_Weapons.xml. If someone would like to clean it up and make it into a proper mod (perhaps with weapon crafting too), be my guest.

At least this will help you get rid of the bazillions of Colt PPs and Glock 18s you have in your late game.

Grab it at the bottom:

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

mrofa

You could try to make crafting a weapon using special component, like a pistol could, after smelting give a pistol parts that would be requierd to craft pistols in the first place, the tricky part is giving a randome ammount of this parts on smelting. So people would exploit it to much ;D
All i do is clutter all around.

Haplo

Quote from: scatterlogical on May 23, 2014, 05:05:38 AM
Quote from: Dark-Noir on April 28, 2014, 11:17:30 AM

Done! (kinda.)

Just knocked this together quickly - it only allows for you to melt down PA weapons, not build them (that's a much bigger project to add that).

It's also just a dirty file replacement, overwrite Workplaces\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipe_Blacksmith_Weapons.xml. If someone would like to clean it up and make it into a proper mod (perhaps with weapon crafting too), be my guest.

At least this will help you get rid of the bazillions of Colt PPs and Glock 18s you have in your late game.

Grab it at the bottom:

Thanks for the work. I'll make an PA Variant in the starting post as soon as I am back and will credit it to you :)

Quote from: mrofa on May 23, 2014, 05:34:17 AM
You could try to make crafting a weapon using special component, like a pistol could, after smelting give a pistol parts that would be requierd to craft pistols in the first place, the tricky part is giving a randome ammount of this parts on smelting. So people would exploit it to much ;D

I've actually thought about it early on, but didn't wanted to do it because of the extra micromanagement and the needed extra resources. I wanted to keep it rather simple so I only added the Metal Bars. Everything else is a bit of an overkill in my opinion..

scatterlogical

Quote from: Haplo on May 24, 2014, 02:52:09 AM

Thanks for the work. I'll make an PA Variant in the starting post as soon as I am back and will credit it to you :)

You're welcome, happy to help :)

Haplo

Ok, I've added the PA-compatible version to the downloads.  :)

PunisheR007

I get errors when i loadup with the pa compatible version, normal version works fine.
The errors are on the main menu when it loadsup with the mods enabled.

Haplo

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look into it..

Edit: Ok, I've found the error. The new version can be found at the starting post. :)

Haplo

Update to Alpha 4.
Right now only the base version is updated.
Other versions may come later.

spatula

instead of a "workshop bench", what about making a small size (1 square) workshop table for each type of weapon?
(ie. pistol bench, rifle bench, machine gun bench, explosives workshop, laser weapons bench)

- the graphic for each table could be a disassembled version of that type of gun lying on the table
- would help it be more organized if compatible with something like Proj. Arm. because each table would have less items in it's build menu, and with the new "production tab" wouldn't kill the space there
- each bench could be it's own research project

...would be awesome to see the blacksmith table functions added to the smelter too.