[A15] Primitive Floors

Started by Hydromancerx, October 22, 2016, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydromancerx

Primitive Floors is my first mod (with the help of fluffe9911). Adds 8 new floors. Enjoy!

- Tiki Floor (Light) - Req 4 Wood
- Tiki Floor (Dark) - Req 4 Wood
- Woven Leaf Floor - Req 4 Hay
- Thatch Floor - Req 4 Hay
- Tiki Floor (Bamboo) - Req 4 Wood
- Log Floor - Req 4 Wood
- Weave Floor - Req 4 Hay
- Tiki Floor (Fancy) - Req  4 Wood, 1 Gold

DOWNLOAD (Dropbox)

skyarkhangel

EldVarg

Nice one.

You should add description on what floor each one is - here in this post.
Also it would be nice if the 1024x1024 textures would have some variation and would not exactly repeat every other 1-2 tiles (like some vanilla floors do).

kaptain_kavern

Canute

Nice work, finaly some different looking floors.
But i agree to EldVarg, add Beauty values to the description. And maybe the name of the floor to the pic.

Wolf619

I don't know if anyone's considered it or not but DooM has a lot of floors/textures that might work well with rimworld (floors are usually 32x32)
http://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/texture-stock-mainmenu-152-97360
Realm667 has tons of texture stocks and they are for public use. They should be fine for rimworld.
For those who don't know, Realm667 is probably the most important/commonly used website for doom mod resources.
Anyway food for thought!

Hydromancerx

This mod should work for alpha 16 as long as you change the "About" file to say 16 instead of 15.

If I add more floors I will fix it but for now if anyone wants to use it just tweak that file.

koni

How about updating to A17, since there are burned floors now. It would be great, Hydro:)

LiteEmUp

- bookmarked -

this are nicely designed floors.. definitely would love to have an a17 version as well lol

Hydromancerx

I think you can just change the version number and it will work. However I am not really intersted in maintaining this mod. Perhaps the Tribal Essentials mod would like to add it to their megamod.

Luckspeare

I downloaded a version released by Rustic Fox that adjusted the mod just enough to get it running under A17, but there were a couple problems with this version -- floors were built instantaneously (because the stat that determined build time had its name changed), and the beauty of the floors was a little too high, looking at the floors in vanilla and T-More Floors.

So, I hope you will not be offended if I post a version here in which I have fixed and rebalanced the mod for A17 so that the beauty values, naming scheme and descriptions are more in line with current vanilla.

It can be downloaded here.

EDIT: Updated file -- removed the FloorBase def, which no longer needs to be included.

Hydromancerx

Luckspeare

My pleasure.  Thank you for making it!