[A15] Firefoam Mortar v1.6 - Extinguish fires from afar! (08-09-2016)

Started by Master Bucketsmith, August 11, 2016, 11:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Bucketsmith

Updated to v1.5
   - Removed stuff cost to mortar, now costs 350 steel instead of 100 stuff + 250 steel (plus 5 components)
   - Added custom texture for the mortar base
   - Fixed minor glitch on the shell texture
   - Added icon for the architect bar

Apparently the stuff cost was what was causing issues with the texture for the base. In hindsight very logical, for being able to build it out of different stuff also changes the colour. I had mistaken the steel variation for a default colour. (The vanilla base texture is a tad lighter than it is for even vanilla mortars in-game!)
I came across this bug whilst trying to apply the vanilla mortar base to an iteration of the flare mortar mod, where I was granted a similar mod by someone else to toy with.
I couldn't figure out why it was LIGHTER in-game, whilst the bases for vanilla mortars and turrets is DARKER than what the source file is. Apparently that's just the steel colour variant of the base and having no stuff count shows the actual source file. (It just looks lighter in-game, I think.)

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to add the icon to the architect bar when I wrapped up and uploaded. I need to remember to check EVERYTHING before updating my posts. :)
If you've downloaded v1.5 since it went up and reading this update, and you want the updated icon, just redownload.

Master Bucketsmith

Updated to A15 of the game and v1.6 of the mod
Version 1.6
   - Removed CCL dependancy & features (shellmaking no longer requires firefoam researched)
   - Reverted stuff cost to allow players different options in resources (250 stuff, 100 steel, 5 components)
   - Removed fixed UI icon to easily show which material is selected (this is why it only shows the base)
   - Various small tweaks and fixes

Although I learned where the 'issue' with the graphic comes from, I've decided to bring back the stuff cost so that you have more choice in what you build it from.
Subsequently, to allow easier spotting of which material is currently selected in the architect bar, I removed the custom UI icon that would not show those changes.

EDIT: Forgot to mention; dropped requirement/dependency of CCL. I like the features it brings, but I don't like the long wait times on their updates.

LiteEmUp

i have a request if possible: instead of this mortar nothing more than a long range fire extinguisher, give this a secondary ability so it would also be useful in combat...

give this also the option that enemies caught on that foam has movement penalty(maybe 30%) & accuracy penalty(maybe 20%)...

at least this mortar is not about damage, but rather about utility in combat..

sidfu

here a updated verson that woork with a17.

@ mod author if u dont want to update it ill take over the mod for u.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]