[A14][WIP] Crystalloid ~ Xenohuman Race (Updated 8.21)

Started by AtomicRavioli, August 12, 2016, 12:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: 123nick on August 25, 2016, 03:41:49 AM
so human bionics will not be able to be attached? because that would make more sense IMO.

Organs actually, will not be able to be attached. The bionic and prosthetic hands, arms, feet, legs, eyes, and any other body part that Crystalloids have in common with humans can be attached.

123nick

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on August 25, 2016, 08:24:56 AM
Quote from: 123nick on August 25, 2016, 03:41:49 AM
so human bionics will not be able to be attached? because that would make more sense IMO.

Organs actually, will not be able to be attached. The bionic and prosthetic hands, arms, feet, legs, eyes, and any other body part that Crystalloids have in common with humans can be attached.

does that make sense though? i think that may make crystalloids a bit OP compared to humans.

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: 123nick on August 26, 2016, 04:34:53 AM
does that make sense though? i think that may make crystalloids a bit OP compared to humans.

Bionics are usually a power boost for anyone of any race, I would like to keep bionic options for Crystalloids just the same as Humans (Their benefit from them is the same as Humans).
On the topic of balance, Crystalloids (even with a basic Level 1 Psionic) are without doubt OP at this time. The plan is to make Crystalloids more physically capable than Humans, at the cost of their mood being more of an issue than Humans.

Crystalloid's advantages:
- Halved toxic resistance
- Low natural armor against cutting damage
- Don't have many ways to bleed
- Don't have many internal organs
- Have Psionic advantages (Sight, manipulation, extra attacks, and movement. All depending on their level)

Crystalloids disadvantages:
- Punches deal 1 less damage than Human's (6 instead of 7)
- Innate +33% psychic sensitivity
- Baseline movement speed is lower
- The few organs they have cannot be replaced
- Psionics multiplicity increase pain caused to them (Which is actually their largest disadvantage by far, they get downed easier and suffer pain related negative mood thoughts at greater severity)

I am going to experiment with metal breakdown thresholds, a higher psychic sensitivity, and a few other things before this mod gets released.
Any ideas that would provide a unique disadvantage would be a great help too.

123nick

Quote from: AtomicRavioli on August 26, 2016, 10:49:19 AM
Quote from: 123nick on August 26, 2016, 04:34:53 AM

Bionics are usually a power boost for anyone of any race, I would like to keep bionic options for Crystalloids just the same as Humans (Their benefit from them is the same as Humans).
On the topic of balance, Crystalloids (even with a basic Level 1 Psionic) are without doubt OP at this time. The plan is to make Crystalloids more physically capable than Humans, at the cost of their mood being more of an issue than Humans.

Crystalloid's advantages:
- Halved toxic resistance
- Low natural armor against cutting damage
- Don't have many ways to bleed
- Don't have many internal organs
- Have Psionic advantages (Sight, manipulation, extra attacks, and movement. All depending on their level)

Crystalloids disadvantages:
- Punches deal 1 less damage than Human's (6 instead of 7)
- Innate +33% psychic sensitivity
- Baseline movement speed is lower
- The few organs they have cannot be replaced
- Psionics multiplicity increase pain caused to them (Which is actually their largest disadvantage by far, they get downed easier and suffer pain related negative mood thoughts at greater severity)

I am going to experiment with metal breakdown thresholds, a higher psychic sensitivity, and a few other things before this mod gets released.
Any ideas that would provide a unique disadvantage would be a great help too.

maybe they need more food? because of the advanced energy-requiring psionics, right?