[MOD] (Alpha 7) Synthmeat

Started by Psyckosama, March 04, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefinn

None of my guys ever seem to go and make synth-meat.

It would be good if the bill for making good meals would have the chef go make the synth-meat first - if it's not in storage already.

Is it a crafting activity ? or something else ?

Psyckosama

Quote from: thefinn on August 08, 2014, 06:23:27 AM
None of my guys ever seem to go and make synth-meat.

It would be good if the bill for making good meals would have the chef go make the synth-meat first - if it's not in storage already.

Is it a crafting activity ? or something else ?

It's a cooking activity but requires a reasonably high medical skill to perform.

bobucles

Why should synthmeat crafting require anything more than 1 medical skill? Isn't the crafting yield already taken care of by medical skill?

StorymasterQ

Quote from: bobucles on August 09, 2014, 12:22:18 PM
Why should synthmeat crafting require anything more than 1 medical skill? Isn't the crafting yield already taken care of by medical skill?

Would you rather have your GM meat made by a qualified medical officer or a medical school flunk?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

bobucles

QuoteWould you rather have your GM meat made by a qualified medical officer or a medical school flunk?
Game mechanics already take care of that. Low skill guys take longer to produce less, high skill guys take less time to produce more. The station is literally used only for the one task, so all any flunkie has to do is follow the directions on the tin.

The current system of "it's cooking, but for a doctor" makes the station super awkward to use. You can't keep the cooks off the synthmeat station, and you can't keep the doctors off the stove.

Snownova

Agreed bobocles, it would be nice if working this station was linked to the doctoring job, or required cooking instead of medicine instead.

LunchboxKilla

Bruvvy

Synthmeat is better then boring potatoes it tastes like bacon

Fiedi

Please make this work for alpha 6.
The error message at the start doesn*t seem to be such a big deal, but sadly i am absolutely no coder at all ;-)

AY

Quote from: Fiedi on August 25, 2014, 12:25:21 PM
Please make this work for alpha 6.
The error message at the start doesn*t seem to be such a big deal, but sadly i am absolutely no coder at all ;-)
Not the maker here but I sort of fixed it, in Mods/Synthmeat/Defs/ThingDefs/
Find the resource_synthmeat file, and replace <thingClass>ThingResource</thingClass>, into <thingClass>ThingWithComponents</thingClass>, you can do it by right-clicking the file and opening with notepad.
It seems to fix the no synthmeat coming out even when there's people putting raw food in problem.

Fiedi

It really works!!!
You are my hero

Psyckosama

I apologize for falling off the map. And AY, thank you. You will be credited in the official release. I'll have one up tonight.

Psyckosama

Psyckosama

I'm going to have a version ready for release with Alpha 7.

Slightly rebalanced to make it more profitable.

bullet

"Do until you have X" option doesn't work in Alpha 6. But in the early Alphas it's worked. Could you return this option? It very helpfull, especially for a large colony