[MOD] (Alpha 7) Synthmeat

Started by Psyckosama, March 04, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyckosama

Alpha 7! Please read the notes in the OP and give C&C!

Psyckosama

DOAH! uploaded the wrong version! Sorry! Corrected!

errorship

Hey, thanks for making this mod. I was having issues with getting my Cook to actually make Synthmeat though. I figured by looking at the code that you need at least a Research of 5 and was wondering if you could update the in-game text to let us know that research is needed as well.

SmartGuy202

Loving this so far. Just noticed that Synthmeat is itself an ingredient option for making Synthmeat. As soon as some is made it's put into the next recipe for the same thing, plus other products, creating the same amount of synthmeat as what went into the mix, thereby losing the other product. *sarcastic highborn tone* I see this as a grave violation of the conservation of mass and fell it should be corrected immediately.*

In all seriousness, all I did was deselect synthmeat as an option. I just see it as silly that it is available as an option in the first place.

eternalglory

In game synthmeat is not meat....

Synthmeat is in vegitable menu so i can't make mixed meal with Potato or berries....

With synthmeat i can make very simple meal only... :'(

please correct this issue.

harpo99999

I also had this issue, BUT, I edited the 'ResourceSynthmeat.xml' and changed the 45th lin to read
      <li>MeatRaw</li>
and now synthmeat is stored in the meat area and not the vegitarian area, and making this change does not seem to require a change of game, so could work in existing  games

Koran

I loved this mod with alpha6, gonna love it with alpha7 !
But it seems the server migration corrupted the attachments in the OP. Can someone reupload it here or on any other dropbox for the moment please ?

LuminaryXion

Quote from: Koran on October 08, 2014, 06:59:22 AM
But it seems the server migration corrupted the attachments in the OP. Can someone reupload it here or on any other dropbox for the moment please ?

I was wondering why I couldn't download anything...

SnowyScales

Quote from: Koran on October 08, 2014, 06:59:22 AM

I'd been wondering why the zip file kept whinging at me and refusing to extract.

Psyckosama

SacoMato

Quote from: errorship on October 02, 2014, 11:49:22 PM
Hey, thanks for making this mod. I was having issues with getting my Cook to actually make Synthmeat though. I figured by looking at the code that you need at least a Research of 5 and was wondering if you could update the in-game text to let us know that research is needed as well.

You can change the work type at ...\Synthmeat\Defs\WorkGiverDefs\Workgivers_Synthmeat.xml

Line 7
change <workType>Cooking</workType> to <workType>Research</workType>

Minus

Started off in a desert area and the dromers all killed themselves straight away. I assume I have to wait 50 days for their skeletons to vanish so that they can respawn? Anyway, struggling badly on meat. This sounds like the exact thing I needed! Thanks!

EDIT: Oooh so the fixed version hasn't been added to the first page yet. I had no idea why my cook was ignoring the cooking bench.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Tsilliev

Quote from: harpo99999 on October 04, 2014, 08:22:35 AM
I also had this issue, BUT, I edited the 'ResourceSynthmeat.xml' and changed the 45th lin to read
      <li>MeatRaw</li>
and now synthmeat is stored in the meat area and not the vegitarian area, and making this change does not seem to require a change of game, so could work in existing  games
Thanks man I was looking all over the place to find the label for meat.

Senacharim

Quote from: Minus on October 13, 2014, 09:39:15 PM
Started off in a desert area and the dromers all killed themselves straight away. I assume I have to wait 50 days for their skeletons to vanish so that they can respawn? Anyway, struggling badly on meat. This sounds like the exact thing I needed! Thanks!

EDIT: Oooh so the fixed version hasn't been added to the first page yet. I had no idea why my cook was ignoring the cooking bench.

You can cremate animal corpses--much faster than waiting for a despawn.

Just, be careful how you set that up, I've accidentally cremated perfectly good meat.

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Senacharim on October 24, 2014, 11:52:25 AM
Quote from: Minus on October 13, 2014, 09:39:15 PM

You can cremate animal corpses--much faster than waiting for a despawn.

Just, be careful how you set that up, I've accidentally cremated perfectly good meat.

my recommendation: set up a dumping stockpile by the crematorium and a cremation job just for animals. then you can see how many skeletons there are in the stockpile and set the job for just that amount.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...