[MOD] (Alpha 7) Synthmeat

Started by Psyckosama, March 04, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyckosama

Synthmeat

Description:

Do you have an over abundance of crops? Are you finding it hard to get enough meat to properly feed your colonists? Are you unwilling to resort to the Flesh of Victory? Well have no fear, Synthmeat is here.

An old favorite of spacers and impoverished colonists everywhere, Synthmeat is an artificially created meat product synthesized from vegetable matter, kind of like space age Tofu, except it almost kinda sorta has a taste and texture reminiscent of actual meat. Except that its green.

Add Synthmeat to your diet today!

Features:
  • Adds Synthmeat and the Protein Resequencer to the game.
  • Adds a new Research item.
  • Requires the Medicine Skill to create.
Mod Team:
How to use:

It's a crafting table. It turns plant based foods into Synthmeat.

Download:
See Attachment

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Change Log:
1.0 - First Version
1.1 - Research Bug Corrected, Alpha 3 Compatibility
1.2 - Updated to Alpha 4. Thanks, NCrawler!
1.3 - Alpha 5
1.4 - Alpha 6 (Thanks, AY!)
1.4 - Alpha 7. Prices have been changed to make Synthmeat production a somewhat profitable side activity. Also the skill used to create it has been changed from Medicine to Research. It takes SCIENCE! to make, and that way your researchers can still do some good after you've cleared the tech tree.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ousire

So, this mod basically lets you convert plant matter into tofurky? :P

Before downloading can we get some screenshots of the stuff ingame? Or some info on the ratio of conversion of plant into "meat"? Like, is it one plant equals one meat? Five plants into one meat? What?

Psyckosama

Quote from: ousire on March 04, 2014, 08:05:51 PM
So, this mod basically lets you convert plant matter into tofurky? :P

Yeah, it's pretty much Techno-Tofu, except unlike Tofu it does almost kinda sorta taste like meat if you squint rather than tasting kinda shorta like it if if you pretend really hard and wish upon a falling star.

Though the color is a bit of a recurring issue... for some silly reason green meat takes getting used to.

QuoteBefore downloading can we get some screenshots of the stuff ingame? Or some info on the ratio of conversion of plant into "meat"? Like, is it one plant equals one meat? Five plants into one meat? What?

That's a load of Synthmeat and a Protein Re-sequencer. Originally it was much larger but it didn't work so I had to make it a standard sized crafting table.

10 plant becomes 3 Synthmeat by default.

Vas

From what I've seen, you don't need meat.  :P  I just grow strawberries and use simple meals and my people are happy forever.  Also, you can't level up your cooking staff to make better food so simple meals is all anyone will ever get since I can't randomly get someone who is actually good at cooking.  :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Psyckosama

Quote from: Vas on March 05, 2014, 01:25:30 AM
From what I've seen, you don't need meat.  :P  I just grow strawberries and use simple meals and my people are happy forever.  Also, you can't level up your cooking staff to make better food so simple meals is all anyone will ever get since I can't randomly get someone who is actually good at cooking.  :P

So what? I've made it a challenge in my main colony to make the standard of living for my colonists as high as reasonable possible.

Azrail

Quote from: Vas on March 05, 2014, 01:25:30 AM

You can level cooking skill by butchering things but its slow... Oh so very slow.

Rokiyo

This makes me think of gourmet tofu cuisine.

As an avid meat eater, the very thought terrifies me.

Viceroy

Hey can I make a request perhaps?

Could it be possible to have another such station that produces "soylent green" out of human meat, it could have a -10 modifier to happiness instead of the -15 of cooked cannibal, and compared to -8 of regular paste it is a fair compromise.

Perhaps with less stacking than regular cooked cannibalism too, just to provide some way of using corpses more efficiently. Since my base literally has hundreds of corpses everywhere.

Thank you for the mod anyway! Hope you consider my request.
Kind regards.
Dog goes moo!

Vas

Quote from: Azrail on March 05, 2014, 07:31:56 AM
You can level cooking skill by butchering things but its slow... Oh so very slow.
So you only level up by being a butcher? That sucks.  You can't gain levels for cooking?  You have to go kill something 100,000 times just to be able to cook the next stage of meal?  That's a little unbalanced.  :P

Quote from: Viceroy on March 05, 2014, 10:54:47 AM
Could it be possible to have another such station that produces "soylent green" out of human meat, it could have a -10 modifier to happiness instead of the -15 of cooked cannibal, and compared to -8 of regular paste it is a fair compromise.

Perhaps with less stacking than regular cooked cannibalism too, just to provide some way of using corpses more efficiently. Since my base literally has hundreds of corpses everywhere.
You could use cabit cages or whatever those things are called :P The fear cages.  Might scare raiders away before they even make it to your base.  :P  You just have to make sure your people don't run into them too.  Which should be fairly easy I suppose.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

daft73

Sounds like dinner...when I was in my 20's  ::) Nice mod will give it whirl.
Quote from: Rokiyo on March 05, 2014, 07:45:30 AM
This makes me think of gourmet tofu cuisine.
As an avid meat eater, the very thought terrifies me.
Have you been to a supermarket in the last 10 yrs.. pretty common place out here in California. Though I was never a fan of Tofurky..Tofu Turkey for thanksgiving..I had it once years back :o :-X

Viceroy

Quote from: Viceroy on March 05, 2014, 10:54:47 AM

You could use cabit cages or whatever those things are called :P The fear cages.  Might scare raiders away before they even make it to your base.  :P  You just have to make sure your people don't run into them too.  Which should be fairly easy I suppose.

Yeah it is fairly obvious to assume I have those and have done that, still I have hundreds of corpses everywhere and literally thousands of units of human meat since graves and gibbet cages do not actually remove the corpses and thus are of no help.

My request was for soylent green since it fits with the synthmeat theme and actually removes corpses in a viable fashion. Because currently I have had to mod in that slavers buy(take for free) human meat just so that I can get some space in my base.
Dog goes moo!

Vas

Quote from: Viceroy on March 05, 2014, 12:13:20 PMYeah it is fairly obvious to assume I have those and have done that, still I have hundreds of corpses everywhere and literally thousands of units of human meat since graves and gibbet cages do not actually remove the corpses and thus are of no help.

Actually you can delete corpses from the game.  You set them on fire with motovs or even grenades will destroy the bodies.  Just pile them up somewhere, tell someone to go lob a few grenades, and bada bing bada boom presto they are gone!  Or you can use 2 blasting charges, if you have those enabled.  That's how I get rid of slag and bodies.

Viceroy

^^ still I would prefer making soylent green out of them rather than having to manually detonate hundreds of corpses.
Dog goes moo!

Howeln

Agreed, corpses are not an issue.  I make a 3 by 8 dumping ground, surrounded by 2 deep cement paths....so I don't have an out of control grass fire burn toward my base.  Once its getting full, through a couple Molotov.

Viceroy

Seriously though I was making a suggestion for a mod feature, not asking for tips on handling corpses.
Dog goes moo!