[MOD] (Alpha 7) Synthmeat

Started by Psyckosama, March 04, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyckosama

Quote from: Viceroy on March 05, 2014, 04:53:03 PM
Seriously though I was making a suggestion for a mod feature, not asking for tips on handling corpses.

How about I make a cremation chamber mod so you can manually process bodies?

Though adding a Soylent Green research option might be amusing....

Viceroy

Cool dude :)

Well In either case I would definitely use the mod, as I already do.
Dog goes moo!

Videotapes

Quote from: Psyckosama on March 05, 2014, 05:04:28 PM
Though adding a Soylent Green research option might be amusing...

Please do.

Psyckosama

MadsMartinMadsen

Very nice "little" mod, I must say it was one of my favorites in alpha 3.
Is there any chance of seeing it for alpha 4?

I ask because it seems long ago there was activity on this post but if I bump (is it called that?) a dead forum post I apologize to all.

P.S. I say "little" because it dont add huge numbers of new items, how much work it take to make a mod like I know nothing about so please dont take it in a negative way.

Ruin

I have no clue how much effort is involved but, I have to admit this mod is on my favorites list too.  I had the same question re A4.  Actually, I am hoping we might see this moved to the Vanilla game.  It seems very well balanced to me.  Producing Synthmeat is time consuming and skill based.  And, for me at least, it just so fits the genre.

Psyckosama

I'll covert it over. No worries.

Psyckosama

nmid

Thanks for the update.. This looks fun and most interesting.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Psyckosama

Should work. If you have any bugs, let me know.

AAAND  a bug just popped up...

Psyckosama

Quote from: Encode on July 04, 2014, 11:46:40 PM
This is a MUST HAVE!

Q: can I ask if the worker get any exp? I can't remember my workers getting better at what they're doing.. Didn't try this in Alpha4, so I don't know of any changes, but I've (personal)added matching exp from the regular cookstove, and improve on cooking/crafting/medicine skills for each task. Well, I figured it is a cooking trait, that need to craft materials together and must be performed with hygiene in mind. Hehe Sincerely hope you'd put these in as well. Cheers!

I'll add it in... though technically it uses the Medical skill not cooking.

Psyckosama

Quote from: Encode on July 05, 2014, 11:06:20 AM
Quote from: Psyckosama on July 05, 2014, 01:34:57 AM
Quote from: Encode on July 04, 2014, 11:46:40 PM
This is a MUST HAVE!

Q: can I ask if the worker get any exp? I can't remember my workers getting better at what they're doing.. Didn't try this in Alpha4, so I don't know of any changes, but I've (personal)added matching exp from the regular cookstove, and improve on cooking/crafting/medicine skills for each task. Well, I figured it is a cooking trait, that need to craft materials together and must be performed with hygiene in mind. Hehe Sincerely hope you'd put these in as well. Cheers!

I'll add it in... though technically it uses the Medical skill not cooking.

Thank you for considering. I'm not sure if the skill degrading is still around, in Alpha3, I've had pple who aren't able to make synthmeat anymore because of it. Other than I'm sure it takes quite some skill to do this, which not everyone can, and people usually gets better at what they do frequently. I'm a little confused as it is a Cooking task, needing medicine skills too. I really like this need of compound skills. Haha.. Thanks again!

Cooking is the act of preparation. Synthmeat is more like biochemestry

pgs843

The download link just downloads "proteinresequencer.png" and not the zip.  What happened to the zip?

Shinzy

Quote from: pgs843 on August 07, 2014, 05:08:04 PM
The download link just downloads "proteinresequencer.png" and not the zip.  What happened to the zip?
You can still download it through the attachments at the bottom of the post (you need to be logged in to see them)

Psyckosama