Prisoner mood?

Started by Shurp, August 13, 2016, 01:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

So I'm disappointed.  I dumped some beer along with a stool and a chess table into a prisoner's cell.  He refuses to touch either and just paces back and forth.  Are prisoners prohibited from using mood enhancers?  If so this is kinda silly.  I'm not giving prisoners fancy beds and statues to improve their mood.  I'm not fond of repeatedly bludgeoning them with logs but that seems to be how Rimworld wants me to handle unruly prisoners.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Kagemusha12

Actually fancy beds (= good quality single beds) would help you a lot in increasing the mood of your prisoners (gives them the "slept comfortably/luxuriously"-buff), likewise (I guess) statues (by increasing the beauty/value of the room)

I agree that itg would be nice if prisoners could interact with joy increasing objects ... but AFAIK Tynan intentionally deactivated prisoners capabilities to interact with them (perhaps it made handling prisoners too easy)

pdxsean

Yeah unfortunately giving my prisoners the fanciest rooms in my entire colony is the best way to go IMO. Get them thinking they'll have all this to enjoy once they join, and then let them find out the bad news once it's too late. Hey yeah, your new bedroom isn't nearly as nice as that prison you just enjoyed, but at least you have a pool table and some beer! Also, here's an eight hour a day job.

Shurp

Hmmm, there you go.  By giving my prisoners regular beatings I'm introducing them to how life is actually run in my colony.  They won't be misled by their interrogators :)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

AnDelusionalDog

what really pisses me off now is my prisoners get an ate without table debuff however when I built them a table and chairs they refuse to use it... So yeah I guess the prisons are supposed to be the nicest rooms in your whole colony now...

Kagemusha12

Quote from: AnDelusionalDog on August 13, 2016, 07:45:33 PM
what really pisses me off now is my prisoners get an ate without table debuff however when I built them a table and chairs they refuse to use it... So yeah I guess the prisons are supposed to be the nicest rooms in your whole colony now...

This is strange, because chairs/stools+tables are (along with beds) the only 2 things that prisoners actually use.
(and I can confirm from my prison, where the prisoners have a table + 2 chairs, that they use it for eating (and don't get the debuff for eating without a table))