Art Modifications - Resources

Started by shadowtajun, March 05, 2014, 06:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muffins

Quote from: Bog on August 12, 2014, 08:23:14 PM
Quote from: muffins on August 12, 2014, 04:30:58 PM
Here's some pawn graphics for an undead marine if anyone wants them. I got it into the game ok, and it would even drop power armour, but I didn't have the know-how to make them spawn like hostile wildlife with a gun, and I'm not going to have much time to work on this because of work, so ... free graphics! Yay!
Cool. I might find a way to use them or modify them for use somewhere.

I made some muffalos spawn with guns a while ago as a joke, so already know how to arm the wildlife. I could probably get these bad boys working for you if you're interested. Would you like that?
That would be *super* awesome if you have the time. Seriously super awesome. I actually wanted something like this in the game, to make the natural environment more hostile, like in Dwarf Fortress, but I've got a whole bunch of work coming up so I don't have the time to learn how to do it.

If you manage it, post it in the released mod section and take credit for it, since the code makes up 90% of any mod  ;D

StorymasterQ

Quote from: muffins on August 12, 2014, 04:30:58 PM
Here's some pawn graphics for an undead marine if anyone wants them.

Presumably you'd need another graphic for the left-facing side, since he's not symmetrical.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Bog

Quote from: muffins on August 12, 2014, 08:44:15 PM
That would be *super* awesome if you have the time. Seriously super awesome. I actually wanted something like this in the game, to make the natural environment more hostile, like in Dwarf Fortress, but I've got a whole bunch of work coming up so I don't have the time to learn how to do it.
Alright, I'd try to get it done today. I'm going to be busy for the next ~4 hours though.

If you manage it, post it in the released mod section and take credit for it, since the code makes up 90% of any mod  ;D
It'll be split credit, you're not getting away with this anonymously. ;)

Anyways, last time I coded a similar item the coding took me maybe 10-15 minutes, because I think that's the easy bit. Non-weapon textures on the other hand usually take me a lot longer and make me want to pull out my hair and don't look anything as nice as yours in the end anyways.

So if you're up for it, whenever you have time for modding work I'd suggest maybe trying to make some textures for people, since there are those of us who have a hard time doing it. ;D Just a thought.

PS: I don't think that I'll be able to make the undead marine shoot with his shoulder gun. The only way I can think of to do that would be to make an "invisible gun" that is destroyed on drop, but even then I think they'd shoot out of their lower chest like everybody else.

Is it okay if they carry a gun as well as their shoulder weapon, and only use the one that they're holding?
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

muffins

Quote from: Bog on August 13, 2014, 05:17:45 PM
Alright, I'd try to get it done today. I'm going to be busy for the next ~4 hours though.

It'll be split credit, you're not getting away with this anonymously. ;)

Anyways, last time I coded a similar item the coding took me maybe 10-15 minutes, because I think that's the easy bit. Non-weapon textures on the other hand usually take me a lot longer and make me want to pull out my hair and don't look anything as nice as yours in the end anyways.

So if you're up for it, whenever you have time for modding work I'd suggest maybe trying to make some textures for people, since there are those of us who have a hard time doing it. ;D Just a thought.

PS: I don't think that I'll be able to make the undead marine shoot with his shoulder gun. The only way I can think of to do that would be to make an "invisible gun" that is destroyed on drop, but even then I think they'd shoot out of their lower chest like everybody else.

Is it okay if they carry a gun as well as their shoulder weapon, and only use the one that they're holding?
I only put the gun there for show lol I wasn't sure if arming wildlife was possible so I added the gun just in case the guns were invisible for wildlife  :D

rooki1

I draw some weapons. Rifle, SMG, Assault pistol, Anti mechanoid railgun, Heavy rail pistol, ETCs.
Free for anyone.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

mrofa

Secretly learning art of Shinzy-tsu :D
And for some odd reason i did end up with a turret.... which i wont use, unless furniture start shooting people, so its free to use.

All i do is clutter all around.

Shinzy

Quote from: mrofa on October 13, 2014, 11:27:43 AM

Oh? I think you've mixed Shinzy-tsu with something else there
What I think you meant to say was "-Secretly mastering art of Mrofa-Do-Jutsu"
because Shinzy-tsu is the art of cutting corners wherever you can *ahem*

Just pointing it out!

p.s. those are friggin amazing! ...what are they? ;D

mrofa

I still cant make your damn washing machine(Which looks amazing btw :D) so yehh im still learning your stuff ^^

Shinzy

Quote from: mrofa on October 13, 2014, 12:01:57 PM
I still cant make your damn washing machine(Which looks amazing btw :D) so yehh im still learning your stuff ^^

Where'd you think I took inspiration for it in the first place!

mrofa

Shinzy

Quote from: mrofa on October 13, 2014, 12:23:07 PM-nope-
what colour is the nope button (cause my face is about the same) Haha *tears* you win =P
That gif never fails

Kirid

Nice turret! It's like a magic trick! I'm dying to know how it was done...
You've got me inspired. I need to work on drawing techy-looking panels on stuff.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

Shinzy

Quote from: Kirid on October 17, 2014, 09:44:08 PM
Nice turret! It's like a magic trick! I'm dying to know how it was done...
You've got me inspired. I need to work on drawing techy-looking panels on stuff.

How ever it was done I'm sure it wasn't just a trick Mrofa's clearly cheating and using the dark arts

The Fill pattern tool and custom patterns could really save you lot of time (and nerves) on having that kinda techy texture on the surface on your things I'm not sure how Mrofs would do it but I can totally see him scraping each detail by hand ;D

mrofa

Nahh i just did barrels fully by hand, everything else is like you said with pattern, overlay and dark magic :D

Here is .psd

skullywag

mrofa when i scrolled down quickly my brain went "OOOOOH NEW SHIP GFX", seriously use the same art style and make new ship tex's, that turret looks like an engine.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?