sniper turrets?

Started by BattleFate, March 05, 2014, 04:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BattleFate

I thought I saw a mod that had sniper turrets. In fact I thought I downloaded and installed it. But I can't find any sniper turret to build in my game, and now I can't even see the relevant mod here... Am I hallucinating?

Cala13er

That could possibly be my Industrial RIM mod (Link in my signature), however you wouldn't of downloaded it as it is ready for alpha 3.

Kilroy232

I have never seen a mod for a sniper turret on this site but if you want one I can make it for you in no time.

Kilroy232

Made a working sniper turret quick. The texture is the same as the improvised turret but it have a greatly increased range, accuracy and damage with lowered rate of fire.

Let me know if you want anything different, if not I can up load it and you can go to town

Cala13er

Kilroy232

I am just doing the guy a favor, it literally took like 5 min :P

BattleFate

Hey guys,

Cala13er, I think you're right. I was looking at your project annoucement the other day. I also downloaded a couple of turret mod packs (Kilroy232, yours is one of them), and I must have gotten mixed up. Thanks for clarifying that up.

Kilroy232, I appreciate tossing together the sniper turret quickly for me. Are you going to add it to your turret pack (the one referenced in your signature?) If so, it's not listed as one of the turrets in the pack at the moment... I think that would be the way to go (gives me less mods to load up, I already have more in my list than I can display on my menu screen). :)

Kilroy232

Kilroy232, I appreciate tossing together the sniper turret quickly for me. Are you going to add it to your turret pack (the one referenced in your signature?) If so, it's not listed as one of the turrets in the pack at the moment... I think that would be the way to go (gives me less mods to load up, I already have more in my list than I can display on my menu screen). :)

I would be happy to add it to the pack, but I think it is only polite to make sure that Cala13er is okay with this because I also checked and it was his idea, I only made it at your request. If Cala13er has some reservations I would be happy to send it to you privately so that it is not public and does not take away from Cala13er's work.

Kilroy232

Cala13er has been nice enough to allow me to add this turret to my pack so I will do this and release the new version asap BattleFate

BattleFate

Thanks Kilroy (and Cala). I'll download and install that new pack asap.

AlyxMS

Wow, What a coincidence!
I've posted a modding issue on Reddit and people suggested me to come here.
The first post I see requests a mod which is just like the first mod I made for myself!
(Proof of coincidence: http://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/1zru1w/modding_issues_how_to_modify_the_gun_on_the_turret/)

Here you go, HMG turrets and sniper turrets, with new sound and new look. (Painted in 10 min with photoshop)

Texture attached just for preview.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]