[MOD] (Alpha 3) Cremation Chamber

Started by Psyckosama, March 06, 2014, 03:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyckosama

Cremation Chamber

Description:

This mod is intended to simplify corpse disposal by giving the colonists a quick and clean method of dealing with excess bodies.

Features:
  • Adds the Cremation Chamber to the game
  • Adds a new Research item.
Mod Team:
How to use:

It is a crafting table. It disposes of bodies.

Download:

Screens:

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Version History
1.0: Release
1.1: Fixed research bug
1.2: Fixed research bug (For reals this time), Alpha 3 Compatibility

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Bazooka302

Yes will have to download this been waiting for a mod like this for ages

Vas

Can we get a counter to tell how many bodies we've cremated?

Can you also have it set so that you can choose who gets cremated or what?  So no animals, or colonists, just raiders.  I want to bury my colonist buddies, and burn the raiders.  But then again, having a hundred graves is nice, it's like saying "Hey raiders, look at all these people I killed, you sure you want to attack?"
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Psyckosama

Quote from: Vas on March 06, 2014, 04:31:05 PM
Can we get a counter to tell how many bodies we've cremated?

Not to my knowledge...

Only way to do that would be to add an "ashes" item as the product.

[/quote]Can you also have it set so that you can choose who gets cremated or what?  So no animals, or colonists, just raiders.  I want to bury my colonist buddies, and burn the raiders.  But then again, having a hundred graves is nice, it's like saying "Hey raiders, look at all these people I killed, you sure you want to attack?"
[/quote]

Yes. It's a crafting table that crafts corpses into nothing. You can choose the "ingredients" in the bill.

Vas

Now if only you could stack ashes more than 75.  Hmm.  What if you actually made ashes into a usable ingredient? xD  An ash chair or ash table.  Eat off the dead. xD  It'd be a nice looking object but take a lot of compressed ashes.  It's just a thought is all.  I think a can of ashes (stackable to 75 like normal I suppose) would be one good byproduct though.  You could include a double version in the download or let people choose which version to download. (craft to nothing) or (craft to ashes) in the main post.  xP

Oh, thought of something you could do with those ashes.  Make ash tiles with it, just like dirt tiles but grey, taking maybe 3 to 5 ashes, and possibly even have a 1.25x boost to items growing there.  Not sure about the boost completely, but a grey ash tile could be interesting.  :P  So you can dump the ashes.  Just another thought is all.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Viceroy

Dog goes moo!

Zack_Wester

the only Thing I could think to use the ash for is to put/dump them into an (not sure but its Minneslund in swedish)
but its like an well of some kind where one burries the dead or let the ash be spread in.
like an traditional grave except there is no tombstone, the dead is ether by order stored in an jar in the "well" or his/her ash are spread out in the well,
I will say this as its now Just burn the corps to ash and leave it is in many cultures not accepted way to treat the dead, you need to do some kind of ceremony after like spreading it out in the sea or from the top of the mountains (let it fly whit the wind) or buried it in marked place.

daft73

This is great news, now our colonists can be more humane...unless you rock the gibbet cages. ???

Vas

Do you think in Alpha 3 you will be able to add a counter that shows how many bodies you've cremated?  Cause I really would like that.  :P

Jones-250

<joke>What? Why would anyone want this? You're burning up perfectly good food.</joke>
Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

Vas

It seems you can build this device before you research it.  Might want to fix that.  :P  I've already built it before I had the research.

Perhaps you forgot this line? :P
      <researchPrerequisite>CorpseDisposal</researchPrerequisite>

Psyckosama

Quote from: Vas on March 08, 2014, 12:18:05 AM
It seems you can build this device before you research it.  Might want to fix that.  :P  I've already built it before I had the research.

Perhaps you forgot this line? :P
      <researchPrerequisite>CorpseDisposal</researchPrerequisite>

Thanks.

Architect

Quote from: Vas on March 07, 2014, 02:22:21 PM
Do you think in Alpha 3 you will be able to add a counter that shows how many bodies you've cremated?  Cause I really would like that.  :P
I can confirm for you that it is perfectly plausible :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Kirid

Not sure if you knew. I've been playing with the mod installed and I never had to research it in order to build it. I just added <ResearchPrerequisite>CorpseDisposal</ResearchPrerequisite> to the Building XML and it fixed it

You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

hawkwing

@Kirid: look two posts above your own.  ;)
Rimworld mods are now available on The Nexus!
Rimworld Nexus
(Goodbye, 600kb upload limit!)