Mod Report: Attack of the Moonspeakers!

Started by Ramsis, August 13, 2016, 10:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sick puppy

try a combination of captcha (hard ones and the newest tech only, also with great variation in their style to make coding just that much harder), e-mail registration (while you only accept well known and trusted companies) and limitation of ANY user on how many comments they can post and threads they can start and private messages they can send. (hourly limit, daily limit, weekly limit and maybe even more. it will make sure more users make more quality comments aswell. just like me. sometimes my comments lack quality. sorry about that.)
if you had an hourly limit of 20 posts and a daily limit of 100, the most recent spam could not have happened to such a level. 4 hours times 2 accounts = 160 posts. and these arent even restrictive numbers for normal users. personally, i'd go with like 5 posts per hour and 20 per day. that's 40 spam messages.
and we arent even talking about starting threads. i'd put the limit to 1 per hour and 5 per day.
Quote from: billycop32 on September 02, 2016, 01:37:51 PM
Quote from: Coenmcj on September 02, 2016, 12:48:45 AM
I only ever see 'em when none of you guys are online, report 'em every time I see them. Either they watch the boards to see when all the mods are off, or you guys are just that quick to slaughter them where they stand. ;D

Either way, Cheers!
(speaking from experience as a mod on other forums.)
more like quick to slaughter them where they stand. just because someone appears to be offline doesn't mean they aren't watching from other methods like a open email. Not to mention a lot of forums allow you to "hide" or appear to be offline even though you are still on the forum. Like a hunter stalking the prey....
you can literally just log out
it's as easy as that
honestly? i do that